Wiring Harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boosted96

I have a 96 civic with a y7 i am swapping to a b18b1 the problem I am running into is the wiring on the drivers side that goes to the fuse block under the dash. I was looking at a b20, and I noticed that that plug was the same. Is there any differences between those two harnesses?? If not, can I use the one out of the b20 if their is no difference? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

What computer are you using? If you use the computer for the b18b1 your gonna need a jumper harness cause the b20 harness is gonna be obd2 and the b18 is obd1. As far as i know however, besides needing the jumper you should be fine to use the harness.

I was gunna use the b18 its a p75-a04 until I jump it down, but my car, the b18 I have and the b20 are obd2 but I think the b20 pinouts (on ecu) is different from the b18 ecu ....I just need a harness that plugs into the underdash fuse box or a diagram that I can wire in because the plugs don't match up. What harness has everyone else used for a b18 in a 96+ civic?

obd2 is obd2. you shouldn't have any problems with the pinouts. I'm sure if you google b20 ecu pin outs you could find out for sure but there should not be any problems. For the most part with Honda, at least dseries and bseries as far as the harnesses go you just need the right obd model and vtec or non and it SHOULD work

Back