wiring headache

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

every since i did my B16A swap in my 98 Civic Ex i have had nothing but a wiring headache... so i am just gonna start over and get a new wiring harness and ecu... so i need help on what harness and ecu would be the best... right now i have the 00 Si ecu and harness... should i use a 98 EX harness???? and a p72 ecu???? or what would be the best working combo????

ill try to convert it to obd1. use si/ex/cx/ect harness(92-95) and use a p28, cheaper. thats just my toughts, no knock sensor and lots of chips for ecu.

or use ur harness from the car and get a 96-98 vtec ecu.

its up to u

how hard is it to convert to an OBD1??? and how do i go about doing it???? and will i still be able to use my gauge cluster, or do i need ot get a new one?

No keep your stock harness and just run the p72 ecu from like a 97gsr.. But keep your existing wire harness, thats what im using in my 98 hatch with an ls/vtec. If the motor is obd1, just get an obd2 distributor and obd2 injectors and thats it...

but... i already have a 00 si harness and ecu, but i just bought a p72 ecu today which is obd2... so is it ok that i have the 00 si harness????

no its not ok cuz your car is a 98 which is obd2a and your trying to use a harness from a 99 which is obd2b, just use your stock ex harness and the obd2a p72

Originally posted by oches@Oct 17 2003, 09:29 PM
tnsxsear is right just us your stock harness

:werd:
do not get obd1 harness, if you want obd1, use stock harness, get obd1-2 jumper and use a chipped p28. you say you have a p72, which is a gsr. you'll have early vtec which will kinda sucks for that motor.

Back