wiring help for obd2a ecu to obd2b motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ricky05

ok.. i have a 2000 jdm gsr obd2b engine harness that came on the motor. i purchased an obd2a 96-98 civic ex 5spd engine harness to use with the 97 obd2a gsr ecu i bought. i am trying to adapt the 96-98 civic ex engine harness to the obd2b gsr engine harness but there are so many MORE plugs on the civic one than the gsr one. is there a guide or something for me to be able to know what plugs to cut and splice?? very confusing. can i go by colors or something? cant use a conversion harness because my car is obd2a. everything is obd2a except for the motor itself and i need to pass smog

man that is a tough one..lol well did you wire the new motor with your stock harness? that is what i did with my swap but my motor was obd1 and the car was obd2a right now i am doing an obd1 motor into a obd2b car so i know it is a lot of work but make sure the motor has all the sensors you need for the correct ecu to function with out error codes once you do that tape up the unused plugs on the wiring harness and drive off into the sun! hope that helps you

Quoted post[/post]]
cmon guys i really need some advice on this
do a serch on ecu pinouts that should help you out there is a great write up on it , i really dont see what your problem wireing it up is though , you ret an auto harness or something? maybe get the plugs for the ecu you want to use and adapt them to the 00 gsr harness that came with the motor

Back