Wiring issue 96 CX B18B swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Disnitch

I have the motor in the car already and only have a few minor things to do. My car is a CX and had the intake manifold that aims up towards the hood. On Rywire's website it states that these particular model civics need some of the harness wires lengthened along with some other modifications. It also seems that the IACV plug is wrong on my harness. The motor that I swapped in is a JDM B18B. Does anyone know what wires need to be lengthened and what plug I need for the IACV?

You need to do a 3>2 wire conversion on the IACV. You'll need your old D-Series plug for that. In addition, you'll need to do the CKF trick. Ill see if I can find Katman's writeup.
EDIT: Only wires you should have to extend are for the lower O2 sensor provided its an OBD2 motor into an OBD2 car.

you should have just used your stock harness
I did use my stock harness, nowhere did I state otherwise...

Matt,
Thanks for the info. I found a writeup somewhere and was able to get the 2 wire plug off an integra at a local junkyard. All I need to do now is wire up the resistor box and the injectors and I'm ready to go...

I did use my stock harness, nowhere did I state otherwise...

Matt,
Thanks for the info. I found a writeup somewhere and was able to get the 2 wire plug off an integra at a local junkyard. All I need to do now is wire up the resistor box and the injectors and I'm ready to go...

can you link me that write up for the wiring? thx .. and did you get the 2 wire plug off a obd2 integra or jus any integra? . :D

so after reading that .. it says "find yourself a round style 2 wire iavc plug as seen above" .. does it matter what yr the 2 wire came out off?

No, there are plenty of those two wire plugs out there. Just make sure you get the wires in the right places.

kool thx matt .. but now i need a 2 wire crank sensor .. but i bought a 97 LS harness and there's no injector wires on it .. its supposedly complete .. i mean it has everything .. inside harness for car too and all .. but i cant find the damn injector wires .. so im txtin this dude but he aint textin me back .. and plus he said its a 5 speed so im not too sure now .. any way to tell the diff between a 5 speed and auto harness? ..

which crank sensor?
crank position sensor, crank case fluctuator sensor
the cps should be inside your dizzy. the cfs is in the oil pump. If you have an obd2 engine it should have a cfs and don't need to perform any tricks for that.

Back