wiring need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88DXLSEF9

i'm doing a b18a1 in a 88 dx hatchback...i wired up the injectors and the resistor plug..but on the resistor plug theres a yellow/black wire....i found the yellow/black wire on my dx harrnes but the plug it go to has to wires the yellow/black and a yellow one my question is...do i just cut the yellow/black and leave the yellow alone or what...any help would be great...thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm doing a b18a1 in a 88 dx hatchback...i wired up the injectors and the resistor plug..but on the resistor plug theres a yellow/black wire....i found the yellow/black wire on my dx harrnes but the plug it go to has to wires the yellow/black and a yellow one my question is...do i just cut the yellow/black and leave the yellow alone or what...any help would be great...thanks

on your ecu plug a (18 pins) you have (from left to right looking at the plug) a1-brown wire, a3-red wire, a5-lt blue wire, a7-yellow wire...then at a15-yellow/black wire. all on the top. they go here... a1 to injector 1, a3 to injector 2, a5 to injector 3 and a7 to injector 4, the yellow black wire (a15) goes to the injector resistor, form the injector resistor you have the 4 red/black wires, they go to the injectors.

on pulg b (20 pins) you have on the bottom b10- orange wire, and b12 white wire. go to the distributor crank sensor.

on plug c (16 pins) you have on the top c1-orange, c3-orange/blue, on the bottom you have c2-white, and c4-white/blue...they go here... c1 goes to the orange/blue wire on the distributor, c3 goes to the blue/yellow wire on the distributor, c2 goes to the orange/white wire on the distributor, and c4 goes to the blue/green wire on the distributor.

all of this is based on the conversion to the si engine from the dx but as long as the b18 is an obd0 (90-91) you should be ok...by that i mean every thing should plug from the b18a1 to the si converted plugs. if the engine id an obd1(92-93) you will have to buy the conversion harness from rywire or alike company to run it or change the engine to obd0 by changing the distributor, ecu and injectors to the older models

ok...let me run step by step on what i've done....i've connected the number one injector to a plug that had a yellow and red wire....ii've put #1 and #3 to this plug...i've took a dizzy plug off my si harrness and re-pined it to the dx harrness....i've connected all four red/black wire back to the resistor plug...i've made the tps longer and all 3 plugs of the iacv longer......now i've found the yellow/black wire o the dx harrness but the wire runs into a plug with a yellow wire also......and now i'm lost.....if this helps at all....thanks for the help...

Quoted post[/post]]
ok...let me run step by step on what i've done....i've connected the number one injector to a plug that had a yellow and red wire....ii've put #1 and #3 to this plug...i've took a dizzy plug off my si harrness and re-pined it to the dx harrness....i've connected all four red/black wire back to the resistor plug...i've made the tps longer and all 3 plugs of the iacv longer......now i've found the yellow/black wire o the dx harrness but the wire runs into a plug with a yellow wire also......and now i'm lost.....if this helps at all....thanks for the help...

wMTE2NDEyMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Back