Wiring Neons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

almightyaccord

Ok this might sound a little weird but here is my question. I want to install some neon lights in various places of my car and I don’t want to always be looking for somewhere to tap in for power and then have to go and run a new switch and etc. So here is my little idea. Can I just run 8Ga wire straight from my battery and then connect it to a power distributor and then input all my neons into that block since all they neons only need 12v sources and the most neons I would install would be 8 also it will be clean and fused. Then from there all I would need are clean grounds and that isn’t hard. So I am asking all the wiring or electrician experts, is this a safe and good way to wire like 6-8 neons. Also if this aint a good idea or someone has a better idea or know of any sites that has good info or how- to that would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Not sure if it would interest you, but the last time I was looking around at Autozone they had an item that was pretty cool. It worked exactly the same as you're saying except it came with a block that had a touchpad. The block was designed for most of your 12 volt accessories today (non terminated ends). Most of the stuff I run into simply has open wires (ground & positive). The Autozone deal held like 6 accessories I think (simply push the button to insert wires), and the touchpad has numbers to turn on whichever you chose. I thought it would make for a clean install. Just my opinion, hope it helps. :D

btw dude, if you can't find that part at autozone, the way you described will work fine, as long as everything is fused properly etc- you seem to have a good grasp on wiring by the way you wrote the question- so good luck

as a safety precaution, make sure that the combined amperages of the neons isn't more than the fuse your using and more than the amps going through the wiring from the batt- check using the meter-

Back