WIRING NIGHTMARE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BIGMAN

IVE PUT A 98 b18c INTO MY 95 CIVIC AND THE PLUGS DONT MATCH UP ON THE ECM ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM CAN I JUST SWAP THE PLUGS FOR THE ONES OFF THE LOOM OUT OF THE DONOR CAR

Originally posted by BIGMAN@Mar 19 2004, 04:41 AM
IVE PUT A 98 b18c INTO MY 95 CIVIC AND THE PLUGS DONT MATCH UP ON THE ECM ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM CAN I JUST SWAP THE PLUGS FOR THE ONES OFF THE LOOM OUT OF THE DONOR CAR

nope...you need to convert to obd-2 now...it's not gonna happen by just swapping the plugs. i wish i could give you more info on what you can do from here, but i'm not into the whole wiring ordeal

Your options are:

1) get a OBD II --> OBD I conversion harness

2) Have you old ECU chipped to run the ITR motor.

Both are just as good, except there are some tuning issues with the OBD II computers, they don't like it. So if you are planning on adding anything down the road, IMO you should get the chipped OBD I ECU, and go from there.

WHERE CAN I GET AND OBD I/ OBD II CONVERSION HARNESS FROM

Originally posted by driverunknown@Mar 21 2004, 09:29 AM
Damn captions! Turn them off. Don't be an asshole. The key is only about 2 sixteenths from the letter a.

Caps Lock, as in capital letter LIKE THIS, captions are the explanatory comment or designation accompanying a pictorial illustration.

Originally posted by BIGMAN@Mar 21 2004, 11:06 AM
sorry didnt mean to offend

Yeah dont get the conversion harness buddy, get your current ECU programmed like 92B16VX mentioned. You will never be satisfied with just a swap, and you will always want more power, and a OBD 1 ECU will allow you to tune more freely than a OBD 2 ECU. Its the better option for you in my opinion :thumbsup:

Back