wiring on ek civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ricepickn

i got a D16y8 '00 ex in to my '97 dx n i have the ecu

my prob is that when i got the motor the connector wasnt there so i dont kno which one goes back to the ecu. is the left or right if we were to look at it wit the clamp thing on top?

secound prob is the idle control valve
dx use three wire but the ex only has two
im not sure but one of them goes back to the ecu in A12
my ques is can i juzz connect it to my dx connector wit the three wire but wat do i do wit the other two wires? and which goes where? i wouldnt kno cuz there's no connector on the ex for me to follow the color wire.

:emofo:

we do not speak "homie".

okay...as best as i can interpret...um...

okay, if you're putting a 99-00 Y8 into your 97, youre gonna have to use a 96-98 wiring harness. the 96-98 and 99-00 harnesses are different. just use your dx harness, and add vtec solenoid, vtec pressure sensor, and knock sensor wires to your dx harness.

on your ECU connectors:

Connector A, pin 8 = vtec solenoid
Connector C, pin 15 = vtec pressure
Connector D, pin 6 = knock sensor

this is provided that your car is a 5spd, which if it isnt...well...i dunno what to tell you.

as far as your IACV, here's what you need to do. get yourself a 2-wire round plug from somewhere. on your dx harness, cut off the 3-wire plug. remove the orange wire, you don't need it. on the harness, you're gonna connect the yellow/black wire to the top wire of the 2-wire plug (top wire = closest to the clip thingie). then connect the black/blue wire on the harness to the bottom wire of the 2-wire plug. on the ecu, remove pin A13 and leave it unplugged. then move A14 to A12.

also, you're gonna have to get a 96-98 EX ecu. you can't use the 99-00 unless you get a jumper, and you cant use your dx ecu (well you can, but that really makes it pointless to put the y8 in if youre gonna use your y7 non-vtec ecu).

Back