Wiring problems with EG LS swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrRob

I have a 92-93 Hatch that I bought from a guy that never 100% finished it. I almost have it 100% done but I have ran into one final problem. Was hoping someone else on here has ran into this same things.

When I put power to the battery my turn signals front and back light up. My gauge cluster shows the Left turn signal light up non stop. When I go to turn the right turn signal on it powers up non stop and the left one still stays on the same.

Any ideas?

The village idiot got to the wiring before you bought it? Thats my guess.

Please give some more info on where it was before it was almost 100% done. Sounds like someone effed up bad but can't tell. My first guess is theres a wire mix up

It's all in the wiring. Only things I have done is get it back to running condition. These things are things I am discovering as I am getting ready to have back on the road. I really don't know what to say other then show you a couple pics of things I think don't look right.

IMG_0160.jpg

That little black wire that runs to one of three metal contacts is the " weird " part about the fuse box. Without it plugged in I get no power to any of the cluster. Also if you can kinda see on the other side of the fuse box there is a section missing.. under where the big black wrap is on the other wires.

And yes, after review the car and getting one my friends who knows he is stuff with honda's agrees with your verdict of " village idiot "

Focus on the part that is missing on the fuse box. Would that have something do with all of this? And also the fact that when you plug the battery up all the turn signals come on an stay lite up is just weird.

Well....if it was me....I would get a whole new cabin harness at a junkyard and say to hell with the wire chase. Sounds like you have multiple wiring issues going on so a junkyard run may be cheap and well worth it.

ya I was already planning on it, was just hoping someone may of encountered this problem before.

Thanks

Well I figured out what the problem was.

For the longest I could not find the male plug to go into the hazzard switch. FINALLY today I found it plugged into the fuse box ?!?! So after plugging it up.. everything works fine. What a weird mess that was.

Back