Wiring Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gyallis

OBd1 engine (d16z6) in a obd2 car(d16y7), I have splice&joined most connectors, including those to the fuel injectors. I am stuck at what to do with the distributor wiring, Should I cut the wires(I have no diagram, only common sence) or should Itake the distributor of the 97 open it up and put the insides into the distributor that came with the engine. My uncle thinks the later will be better. All I know is I was told that I can modify my current harness to fit a older engine. What do I do with left over sensors, and what do i do with the distributor (cut and paste or operate).

I may just search for a harness from a 92 to 95, does it have to be from a del sol or from any vtec civic 92-95? Also can i get a harness from the dealership?

PS got the p28 waiting on the conversion.

-----

OK trie the operation, the engine cranks but doesn't start, should I but the distributors back together and try cut an paste with the wires, or will that not make a difference? Or how do i throw codes?

Back