wiring problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b17crex

i know people ask this all the time but i have a b17 gsr waiting to be droped into my crx and ive done everything ive known, im not a noob to working on cars and ive did all the wireing to the ecu from running the wire fore the four injectors to running the other two for the cps(crank position sensor), my fuel pump wasnt comming on but i dont know weather its because its loss to much gas from the injector switching or a bad relay....but ive bougth a new relay and its the same thing, i really need some help but i was in a recent car accident and my arm is i a sling so give me the easy shit thanks!

you have a b17 gsr wow is that a new motor ? NOOB no such thing as a b17 gsr , there is an old b17 from an integra, but its not a gsr , at all . be prepaid to be Flamed alot.

you have a b17 gsr wow is that a new motor ? NOOB no such thing as a b17 gsr , there is an old b17 from an integra, but its not a gsr , at all . be prepaid to be Flamed alot.

Honda B engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
B17A1

• VTEC
  • Found in:
    • 1992-1993 Integra GS-R (DB2)
      • Displacement: 1678 cc
      • Bore: 81 mm (3.189")
      • Stroke: 81.4mm (3.205")
      • Rod/Stroke Ratio: 1.63
      • Rod Length: 132.28mm (5.208")
      • Compression: 9.7:1
      • Power: 160 hp (120 kW) @ 7600 rpm & 117 ft·lbf (159 N·m) @ 7000 rpm
      • Came equipped with the YS-1 style cable trans, which was different then other cable B-series transmissions as it has a different input shaft.
Honda Integra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For 1992, Acura added the GS-R trim level (DB2 chassis code), powered by a similar version of the very successful B16A engine, called the B17A1, which was only available in USDM (United States Domestic Market) models.

The 92-93 Acura Integra GSR is the rarest Integra to date because of its B17A engine, low production numbers, and unavailability in the used car market.

Do your research before you open your mouth.

To the OP was the fuel pump working before? You should check that first since you already replaced the main relay.

thanks whiterabbit06! i knew i wasnt crazy, but yes the pump was working i dont know if i shorted it out when i was doning the wiring, but the thing is the pump will come on sometimes and then it will stop agin, i was also able to drive the car up onto my working area but after that it wouldnt crank up agin :confused:

that sounds like a fuel pump on its last leg

haha bkkfarang trying to talk shit,,and doesnt know shit

i cant afford to buy one now but would one from a 90-93 integra work, i have on from my cousins 99 civic si but im not sure if it will work cause its obd-2

The pump is only two wires so the obd doesn't matter.

sorry but, a b17a1 was found in a 92-93 db2 integra gsr. yes there was a gsr in a g2 body. so i think that you should be prepared to get flamed.

i bet he wont ever post in this thread again. lol tool

Last edited:
hit the main relay with a screw driver seewhat happens. sometimes it works. its possible your new relay was fuccked to begin with. that happened to me. a way to check your fuel pump, pull it out of the tank and just hook up a battery to it (9v, aa, aaa it dont matter) if it starts to "pump" and isnt like studdering its fine.

Last edited:
i tried hitting it with a screwdriver but i got the same results, im going to try pulling the fuel pump and testing it but ive never dont it before...do i have to crawl under the car or can i do it from the in side, i can turn around and see the part that has the little cover on it but im limited cause i had surgery a month ago and they still have my arm in a sling, i know i shouldnt be working on cars but im trying to do the simple stuff. my dpfi to mpfi wiring is correct but my problem now is getting the damn fuel pump to kick on

this may be a stupid question but will the fuel pump stop working cause there's no gas in the tank. i had the wrong obd injectors in it a few time cause the people i got the from thought they were obd-0 but they werent , but i got the right ones in there now but i changed them so many time that i think i lost to much gas

you could either pull the pump (dropping the tank) or try and jump it from the wire harness under the cargo tray behind the seats. idk which wires it is. but ill take a look at mine.

ima try to jump it, i know what wires your talking about, but if it dont work its going to be months before i can get under that car, unless i get my brother to pull it for me, but i get nervous when people work on my car cause when i do it, i get real anal about everything being right...hell i torque shit that dont even need it

Back