wiring problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LOS222

I have a 96 accord lx and I swapped in a 95 jdm h22 engine. Both are automatic. This is my 1st swap and has been nothing but a problem. I used my lx harness, added vtec wires and used the lude p13 ecu. I found a place that did obd2 to obd1 conversion harnesses for auto's but it dosen't seem to work right. When I use the new harness and lude ecu, the car has to be shifted like a stick in order to drive or it will start in d3. When I use the accord ecu, it works ok but, it runs poorly and I don't have vtec. Does anybody out there know where I can find a wiring diagram for obd2 to obd1 auto conversion? Is there any other ecu thats obd2 that I can use that will work with my accord harness and still get the same type of power? Any info would greatly help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I thought that might be the problem. I put the ecu into a automatic 93 accord w/o the conversion harness. It idled funny but shifted fine, so I'm pretty sure it's a auto ecu. Did it idle funny because I used a lude ecu in a Accord? It idles funny in my car as well and I have the H22 inside but, I'm also using that obd conversion harness. I think thats where the problem might be. Does anyone out there have any knowledge of wiring a obd2 to obd1 H22 auto or have any other suggestions of what else I might try?

Back