wiring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortbusrebel07

hey guys i just purchased a B16A for my 89 DX, and i have a quick wiring question. the motor came out of a 90 hatch. i know i will need the clips that plug into the computer on the inside of the car, are the colors from my 89 going to be the same as his wires or will i run into any problems when i match the connectors from his computer up to my wiring harness ?

what model hatch did the engine come out of - a DX, Si or STD? are you using the engine harness that was on the B16?

im getting everything from this kid to drop it right into my car: motor, tranny, ECU, shift linkages, has sport mount kit. i guess the better question to ask would be is there any difference in wire colors between the SI and the DX ? because im not sure if his hatch is a DX or an SI yes i am getting the engine harness, but im talking about the wires inside the car.

wire colors at the ECU are not all the same, most are but some are different - if you did not do the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes at the ECU, you will have wires at the wrong locations - the reason i asked about the model of car that the B16 was in, is that if you are using the harness on the engine and it is not a DX it will not plug into your chassis harness - engine harness must match car model

its comming out of an SI my friend said i could have the connectors for the computer so i can solder them onto my harness, i just need to know which wire from the connectors matches up with the wires from my harness

to install a MPFI engine, like the B16, in a DX car with DPFI, the first thing you need to do is the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes using the DX engine harness (or get a conversion harness from Hasport) - the Si harness that is presently on the engine will not work with the DX chassis harness - each car model has different engine and chassis harnesses that only work in that model - if you have a DX, you must use the DX engine harness - if you have Si, you must use Si harness and if you have HF, you must use HF harness - they are not interchangeable - you do not need to swap out any connectors at the ECU - in doing the DPFI to MPFI swap you will need to add and relocate some wires at the ECU, but you use the connectors that are on the chassis harness

ok where do i need to add the wires and how do i splice them into my DX harness ?

Back