wiring questions for swapping B18c5 into obd1 ht

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KYL174

:blink: i have a 92 si hatch, and i'm swapping in an obd2 type r engine. I bought an obd1 distributor and P28 chipped ecu. what other mods i need to perform? wire harness wise? and also what type of throttle body cable do i need?

you didnt need the distributor.... but its too late now i guess

if the engine is USDM and you have the harness... then simply plug it into your cars harness at the shock towers

if the engine is JDM and you have the harness... use your harness and swap out the plugs for the injectors, distributor, and alternator... use wire from the JDM harness to extend the O2 sensor wire and a few others.... be sure to solder and shrink wrap all splices

use a throttle cable from an integra (LS worked in my sol) .... just make sure the part that attatches to the pedal matches the cable from your car (there are 2 different types from what ive seen so far)

hey dude, some more questions regarding wiring....since i'm using my stock wiring harness(92' hatch si). i made some mods......the new distributor and soldered the integra fuel injectors, and soldered the the integra alternator plug to the harness as well. but the color sequence on the integra plug for the alternator compared to the hatch is different. how can i tell which wire is for which? well i just did a half ass job on the alternator and hope for the best. two more questions. where is the location for the knock sensor on the integra motor? and what's up with the plug that's located on the side where the belts are located?(on the integra wire harness there's a plug that goes there, but on the hatch harness there's nothing. how can i wire in this plug? i know sorry for the long message. this is my first time trying to put in a engine myself, and as you can see i have a lot of problems.

the knock sensor is on the rear of the engine near the oil filter... but your P28 doesnt know what a knock sensor is so dont worry about it ... just use good gas (93+)

i just used an OBD-1 GSR alternator so im not really sure about rewiring the alt plug .... if you have a helms for your car and one for the engine im sure you could match the wires up that way

not really sure what plug you are talking about so i cant help much with that :unsure:

Back