Wiring, stock tach, how in the world??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YBLEGAL

Regular Member w/ Cheese
Ok, here it goes. I think i'm becomming the king of stupid oddball problems that nobody has ever had. I did search, the results were bleak.

Soo I got a 95 OBD1 B16 swapped into my 00 civic ex. I didnt do the swap.

The 00 stock dash is what we are concerned about, no aftermarket tachs.

The tach has always worked. Was a lil off, maybe 100 rpm or so, but it seems exponentially off, so it's basicly right on at idle, and saying 8100 when it smacks the rev lim at 8200. that's not the issue.

The issue:
There has never ever been a blue wire, the blue dizzy signal wire, going from the distributor anywhere. My mech used the power wire, but the blue signal that should be next to it terminates at the back of the plug comming from the dizzy housing. Yet my tach persists.

How is this so?

So reading about GM's, which for some reason pops up at the top when i search with my keywords, i saw this:

"For tach can also go to any of the ignition coils or injectors and use the wire that is NOT pink, black, or brown."

soo, then the ICM could possibly be providing a signal?

i hope someone responds soon, i might just take my dizzy apart and trace both the ICM and [NEP?, Engine Speed Pulse? / blue wire] circuits... :p

Back