Wiring "Swoon" Vtec controller??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

regal1975

I bought the cheapest vtec controller i could find on ebay.. "swoon" .. it actually looks pretty nice, but it came with no wiring diagram.. i know it will have a 12v out for the vtec solenoid, but the wires arent labeled..

it has green, yellow and orange..that go out to the engine bay.. it has a 12v and a ground on the relay itself... soo.. the other wires im guessing are for the rpm and perhaps a ground or something?? maybe one goes to the oil pressure switch??

thanks!

well, i got ahold of the bastards after about 50 rings and 2 phone calls.. they have no idea.. and if i return it i eat about 20 bux of the 50 i paid for it.. i figure an rpm switch cant be that hard to make... anyone have any idea how i can make it work??

i wouldnt put a apex-i vtec controller on my car unless i was making gobs of power, and it would only be used for tuning.. not something you wanna play with..

Quoted post[/post]]
i wouldnt put a apex-i vtec controller on my car unless i was making gobs of power, and it would only be used for tuning.. not something you wanna play with..

im confused now even more... apex-i ??

i just need something to kick the vtec solenoid on at the right rpm... almost done with a sohc d15 vtec swap into my 89 rex dx..

I think what he is trying to say is he did a headswap and is keeping his stock ECU. He needs some way to activate vtec.

Quoted post[/post]]
I think what he is trying to say is he did a headswap and is keeping his stock ECU. He needs some way to activate vtec.

Yes, i put a d15b vtec motor into a 1989 honda crx dx which didnt have vtec, i have a 1989 crx si computer for the mpfi swap which doesnt control vtec either.. I know i can run the car without it, but i figured a controller would be a better idea than putting a switch on it

thanks

Back