1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiring "Swoon" Vtec controller??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by regal1975, Mar 17, 2006.

1. regal1975

regal1975 Junior Member

I bought the cheapest vtec controller i could find on ebay.. "swoon" .. it actually looks pretty nice, but it came with no wiring diagram.. i know it will have a 12v out for the vtec solenoid, but the wires arent labeled..

it has green, yellow and orange..that go out to the engine bay.. it has a 12v and a ground on the relay itself... soo.. the other wires im guessing are for the rpm and perhaps a ground or something?? maybe one goes to the oil pressure switch??

thanks!

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

Swoon?!? i wouldnt trust it...

oh.. wow.. i just looked up the Swoon vtec controller on ebay.. return that piece of shit if possible.. in the ad, they cant even spell VTEC correctly.. that is not a product i would trust.. at all ..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-SWOON-V...sspagenameZWDVW

3. regal1975

regal1975 Junior Member

well, i got ahold of the bastards after about 50 rings and 2 phone calls.. they have no idea.. and if i return it i eat about 20 bux of the 50 i paid for it.. i figure an rpm switch cant be that hard to make... anyone have any idea how i can make it work??

4. eg6sir

i wouldnt put a apex-i vtec controller on my car unless i was making gobs of power, and it would only be used for tuning.. not something you wanna play with..

5. regal1975

regal1975 Junior Member

im confused now even more... apex-i ??

i just need something to kick the vtec solenoid on at the right rpm... almost done with a sohc d15 vtec swap into my 89 rex dx..

6. eg6sir

7. tylonalsnifnfool

tylonalsnifnfool Senior Member

I think what he is trying to say is he did a headswap and is keeping his stock ECU. He needs some way to activate vtec.

8. regal1975

regal1975 Junior Member

Yes, i put a d15b vtec motor into a 1989 honda crx dx which didnt have vtec, i have a 1989 crx si computer for the mpfi swap which doesnt control vtec either.. I know i can run the car without it, but i figured a controller would be a better idea than putting a switch on it

thanks

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted