wiring troubles in 1990 crx si with b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

netsuke

my car has a b16a with the obd0 ecu (i'm not sure which kind i've been trying to figure out) and my wiring was done by the guy i bought it from...it obviously wasnt done right because my engine ran fine for about 5 months and yesterday morning i pulled into my girlfriends driveway and it started sputtering and backfiring flames. so i replaced spark plugs and distributor wires. checked the distributor rotor and nothing is wrong...myself and all of my friends are pretty sure my problem is with the computer and sure enough we pull it out and there are prolly like 15 split wires under there with some not connecting to anything...i called the shop and asked if they could replace the wiring harness. i was told because its a civic they come with one complete wiring harness and it would probably run 1000 to 1500 dollars to fix......what should i do? i will post a pic of the wiring in a bit

damnnnn. thats way to much. i had the same issue sort of.

just do some research. find what type of car your motor came out of. find out what your motor is if you dont know. and hit up a junkyard. thats what i did and i walked away with a complete new harness for under 100$...technically.

Wiring idiots

Hey i know exactly how you feel my crx is all chopped up to, but anyways your best bet is to get a complete interior harness out of the same year crx from a junkyard, you have to take the whole dash out to get it but its worth it and you might as well get the engine harness also from an si since you have a b16 then just do some research and you can wire it the smart way on your own and by the way yes PW0 is an exeptable ecu for your b16 you could also use a PR3 thats what i run good luck

Back