wiring v tec`

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

I put a 94 SOHC d16z6 into a 93 sedan. How do I wire the Vtec because I know these cars aren't pre wired for Vtec and the ecu is throwing a vtec sensor code meaning its not hooked up

Do you really think that no one knows the answer to this? Probably more than 75% of us know how to wire up vtec, so YOU'RE the one that doesn't know anything about this...

Start off by telling us which ECU you are using and I'll tell you which pins your Vtec soleniod and Vtec pressure switch go to.

go to our swap secition articles, and find out the color of the wires. Run the wire from the engine harness to the ECU to the right pin. Stick the pin in the slot, then your done.

ok buddy obviously I'm asking cuz I don't know......you gotta start somewhere. I'm using a p28 ECU from a 94 Si.

Is the wiring harness from a civic non vtec the same as a wiring harness from a vtec civic excet for the one has 3 extra wirings for the vtec.

Because I my mechanic hooked up the vtec in pins A4 and D6 and then the car started throwinga o2 sensor and a map sensor code and the car totally idles wrong now when I drive it, when I let off the gass the car starts to bounce cuz its trying to keep idle, should this happen cuz the car ran fine b4 this mechanic claimed to hook vtec up.

Back