wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^crx^

since my lovley d16 engine broke down I desided to swap to a b16a1.

the engine mounts did i buy from HAsport, and the shift linkage can I weld my self i think...

but my problem is the wireing bit, can`t i just replace the whole thing with the orginal b16 wiring that come with the engine? or do i need to buy the little kit from HA? or can i just make my own little kit?

your wiring should be straightforward then ....use your existing harness add vtec...relocate crank position sensor or crank angle dont remember which is which to dizzy instead of on exhaust cam. buy hasport or place racing mounts and linkage for swap.

^^^ Like hf said. You can't use the harness that came with the engine, you need to use your stock harness. Just add 4 wires for the: second O2 sensor, crank angle sensor, VTEC oil pressure, VTEC solenoid (also needs ground).

Everything is pretty straight forward, its a pretty easy swap, just stick with it. Mine took almost a month (because I had lots of retarded problems).

doh, payd a bit extra so they would send with the wireing from the donor car... waste of money then :angry:

do I need som special wires? where can i buy the little metal thing that is inside the ecu plug?

Originally posted by ^crx^@Jun 24 2004, 04:26 PM
doh, payd a bit extra so they would send with the wireing from the donor car... waste of money then :angry:

do I need som special wires? where can i buy the little metal thing that is inside the ecu plug?

not a total loss bro.. i dont know how much you pay'd for you harness but at least you have plugs for vtec,second 02 and whatever misc stuff you need it for ...im not quite following you on the little metal thing inside ecu plug? are you talking about a pin? if you are ...im not quite sure if honda carries them but i always just go clip them out of a car in a scrap yard. honda would probably charge you like 5 a pin...lol....on another note before you install this motor you should consider plenty of maintence on it(youll thank yourself, peace of mind is priceless) the engine is at best 13 years old. buy a new rear main, front oil pump seal, cam seals, timing belt, water pump,clutch, regrind flywheel. i know that sounds like alot of money to drop ..but if your gonna do it ,do it right MAINTENCE BEFORE PERFORMANCE. id rather drop 5 bills extra to know my motor wasnt gonna overheat, leak oil like crazy, and have the clutch slip. Its a BIATCH to fuck with once youve got it in. Go ahead and replace your fuel filter too wont hurt a thing to do that. for this swap you will also need an upper radiotor hose from a 90-93GSR.

yes bin would be a good word for it :)
i have new timingbelt, oil pump, water pump. but im going to buy a new better clutch an flywheel when i get my first pay check

cool be sure to get that other stuff as well...be sure to use Genuine Honda. just order stuff for a 94del sol vtec when you go to order.

well norway SUX..... the must order the most stuff from japan.... oil pump, radiator hoses... :roll:

so some stuff have to wait

Back