Wisdom teeth removal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
it's fucking 5am here in Cali and I still can't fucking sleep!! why? cuz i'm to god damn nervous about getting these damn teeth pulled out.

My main concern isn't the pain, it's the actual precedure itself. There's just something about someone cutting into my gums, to get a tooth that isn't even fully exposed, that creeps the hell out of me.

I'm only getting 1 pulled out because it is the only one that is starting to bother me. It doesn't hurt, just bugs the shit out of me because I can feel pressure when ever I bite down. My dentist said not too worry since it doesn't hurt, I could actually wait for the current pain to go away. It's been 3 days and the mild pressure-pain is going away slightly everyday. however, I still need to get it removed sooner or later. So I pick sooner. I'm gonna get it pulled in about a week or so, so wish me luck.

anyone here get thiers pulled out? I'm not worried about the pain because for 1) I have a pretty high threshold (sp?) for pain and 2) i'll heal, so the pain will go away eventually. So how was your experience??

I got all four of mine pulled in one day....got the day off from work...and plenty of meds...

Then I had to get another molar pulled..due to an abcess...that one hurt....it was freaky feeling the root and nerve getting yanked from my eardrum...sharp pain in the ear...a loud pop...and I felt it come all the way gown and out of my jaw...and it was the lower set of teeth....and since the one above it doesn't see any chewing action...it's loaded up with cavities now...

And I might have to get another one yanked...but now I fear the damn dentist like the plauge...so I'll just let the teeth rot and fall out on their own from now on.... :lol:

I was lucky and didn't have any of mine pulled, But I do hate the dentist so I know how you feel!

Good luck! But you'll get plenty of good drugs to make up for it :)

Three tooth extractions (one not medical), one wisdom tooth, I want to replace all my teeth with titanium screw in replacement, Jaws y0!!! (Jaws from Octopussy, not the shark)

getting my wisdom teeth pulled ranks up there with drowning and burning to death.
seriously.

i hate the dentist, and i will avoid getting my wisdom teeth pulled for as long as possible.

Brush and floss daily, no cavities that I can tell, and I havent been to the dentist in 5 years. I fear them like the plauge as well - consider the last time I was there the dentist suggested to my parents (without telling me) that I get a $3500 proceedure to cure what was called a "severe overbite". I'm completely fine with my mouth, and my jaw is fine - according to my regular Doc. So that basically just screwed my trust in dentists.

Me = all set with my jaw being broken and reset with titanium screws, wires, and not being able to eat solids for a month.

Yea i was supposed to have my wisdom teeth pulled because of overcrowding, i don't fear the dentist, but i fear the procedure as well.
From what i hear, it is not too painful, i guess it's the possible dry-socket that sets in afterwards, that apparently makes you wish you died.
I'm with B, i am avoiding it, overcrowding schmovercrowding, everyone's front tooth should be forced out eventually :)

i know a few people that got them done but mine are non interference...

you need to get it pulled? or surgically extracted? big diffrence...

and get lots and lots and lots of meds...

I had one that had a bad cavity, but I was avoiding the dentist... I HATE the dentist.. So I just cleaned it as well as I could and kept on with life. THEN I was eating a bag of corn nuts, and that tooth just shattered. Exposing the nerve. I lived with that for another 3 months. You know no pain like an exposed tooth nerve.. OMFG.... So, I finally went into the dentist's office and had it yanked.. Its amazing how big wizdom tooth roots are...

Anyway, I went back, because I had 11 more cavities. Got 11 cavities fixed and the other three wizdom teeth yanked in one day. If I'm going to endure hell, I'm just going to get it all overwith in 1 sitting. They all thought I was crazy, but fuck them, I'm not going back until I have another 11 cavities.

thanks a fucking lot assholes!!! you know I came on here expecting to get moral support, but what the fuck do I get here on good 'ol HondaSwap, more people feeling like me :lol: :lol:

The tooth i'm getting pulled out is impacted to they can'r just yank it out, they have to cut open my gums and grind the tooth away, eeek. :( The pain doesn't bother me at all, it's knowing what they are doing that doesn't sit well with me. I can't be put to sleep because I have asthma and are prone to having an attack while sleeping. Plus I wanna be awake, fuck being a sleep, I wanna watch what those fuckers are gonna do.

Now lets have some better stories this time around :lol: ... anyone else?

if i ever get mine out, they better put me out, and on a morphine drip. mouth pain is the worst. i think i'd rather loose a finger through a meat slicer or a hatchet than be awake for a tooth pull

When I was young I had an overcrowding, and they removed my front tooth, top row. They said I needed braces. I told them to eat shit.

My teeth came together are perfectly straight. 29 years old, and I have never had a cavity. My wisdom teeth are in - And I get the pressure on my top row. Not pain, just a pressure.

If I didn't have the 3 excised before, I would be in loads of pain. But this marks my 11th year with no health insurance. Go me !

you're crazy.... no health ins? damn.

all it takes is one slip, and a broken bone to put you in the poor house...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 22 2005, 10:15 AM
you're crazy.... no health ins? damn.

[post=558366]Quoted post[/post]​

Been there, Done that. I've amassed about $2000 in bills over the past 11 years. No biggy. Mostly ER visits, food poisoning, the like. I've saved a bunch by not having insurance.

On the other hand, one car accident will send me to the poor house. That's the biggestp roblem I have. I need to have "work done" anyway. My tonsils have been swollen to 4x for the past 8 years, I've had this neuro-dysfunction for 4 years (I get nauseous for absolutely no reason) and my teeth need taken care of. I need hip surgery and I need to have my rib scraped (Developed a tumor on it about 8 years ago too). I need laser eye surgery, ear cleaning and treatment for TMJ. I need to get my right knee operated on.

That should just about wrap it up.. talking about over $1,000,000 in procedure over 6 years. Wait'll they get a load of ME.

Plus I wanna be awake, fuck being a sleep, I wanna watch what those fuckers are gonna do.

thats insanity...
i can't stand being awake when they're doing shit in your mouf, its not the pain, but the sounds that you can hear... like the cracking and crunching... not cool...

good thing bush signed that new bankrupcy bill into law... yeaaaaa!!!
no more relief for people with huge medical bills...

Just went to the dentist today to get the teeth cleaned. They said I should look into getting mine removed soon. All 4 of mine are in and they dont give me any troubles so I see no reason to remove them. Only reason why i would is to get pain pills

I got mine done in may and I didn't think it was too bad at all. You want in and before he even looks in your mouth your passed out. Next thing i remember I was home in bed. My mom said that right after the operation they made me sit in a room for a hour and the whole time i was yelling and the nurses calling them whores cause they wouldn't give me my teth back. If you want your tooth be sure to mention it beforehand also. I think the worste part was feeling the empty holes in my mouth afterwards. As long as you take your meds you'll never feel a bit of pain.

The actual procedure itself wasn't too bad for me, but probably because I was knocked out the entire time. I had to have two of mine pulled, and the other two surgically removed. If I were you, since your getting it surgically done, I wouldn't worry about the actual procedure. Since they will most likely knock you out as well.

Afterwards is a different story though! God damn that shit hurts bigtime. If you were smart, I would listen to the doctor and do not smoke, drink from a straw, give head, or do anything that involves a sucking motion. Dry socket is NOT fun and only lead to a bloody mess.

Just look forward to the bottle of vik's you get. :D

I got a dry socket.. It was 9 kinds of fun :D Bled and hurt like hell for 3 weeks.

Good luck! :D

yeah, definatly make sure to use the little siringe water squirter to clean out the holes. I used mine with saltwater anytime I ate or drank anything.

Back