wisdom teeth

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
i believe mine are killing me now.

i thought i never had any issues with mine.
never had any real problems, i have one tooth in the back that is pretty much half gone, and i attributed all my pain to that.
but, the whole left side of my jaw is straight killing me now. and actually looking in there, i can see the wisdom teeth coming in sideways.

and, the shitty part is, i just started another job that actually gives benefits, even for part time employees, but i dont get them for another 90 days.
fuck. me.

this shit fucking hurts.

and even after you GET the benne's, most take 6 months before they actually cover anything....

rinse with luke warm salt water

try to find some clove oil. it's hard to find but some health.organic places sell it.
a drop or two on a cotton ball or similar gauze/etc to moisten, and stuff it in the back of your mouth.

don't over do it, as you can "OD" on clove oil and get sick. Change it out every day.

Amazon.com: NOW Foods Clove Oil, 4 ounce: Health & Personal Care

That should at the very least dull the pain in the jaw line. It's what the surgeon will give you if you get dry sockets.

rinsed with salt water.
the exedrin helps, just need to keep taking it.
we were at a friends house, and it wasnt hurting too bad. on the way back though, it was driving me nuts. by the time we got home, i guess the exedrin had worn off completely, i havnt had pain in so long i cant remember the last time.

so, guess i'll be killing my liver for a couple of days.
im going to go to a dentist in the morning and just pay cash to have an xray and see if theres an infection that can be treated first. maybe hold me off for a bit.

Talk to the dentist and tell them you're not insured yet- a lot of the time they'll cut you a deal since you're paying cash and they don't have a monster insurance company to bill the big bucks to.

I feel for ya- had mine out at 16.

yeah, im going to make an appointment.
i hate spending the money, but i really dont have a choice. i wont have my own insurance for 90 days, and like B said, i'll still have to wait.
looked at another insurance option, but it wouldnt cover wisdom teeth at all.

this is becoming quite the popular problem solver lately.

YzzoPhvJ6EBe-TKa15VA_uSM6Hedab_Yp_Jpjl_B08bzV1o_ZuKbt6QzKb8c13WbLFc9OnnNB1PJfRHLnRitK6O5DXte_FdC-H8gRNB4nBWDb3jjXgriLDOmGagcfAI07xzhDMx1jdxh2gPjjwqb_LRffjdd_nCjfWNvXHNE-PKy

lol.
we discussed the cast away method at work yesterday.

i dont think im ballsy enough to do that though.

Yeah you wouldn't want to pull wisdom teeth yourself... the roots are like an inch long. I saw mine as soon as they came out and immediately said "those arf hoolgepthbbth" or something like that. ;)

Ask your HR people at work too- different benefits programs work in different ways. Mine were active the day I started my job. Maybe they can advance you some coverage before the official date.

i believe wisdom tooth/teeth pain is cyclical unless its just that bad that its causing constant pressure...
you might be able to wait a few days for it to calm, and then postpone until you have insurance

Yeah you wouldn't want to pull wisdom teeth yourself... the roots are like an inch long. I saw mine as soon as they came out and immediately said "those arf hoolgepthbbth" or something like that. ;)

Ask your HR people at work too- different benefits programs work in different ways. Mine were active the day I started my job. Maybe they can advance you some coverage before the official date.

LOL I was out cold when the pulled mine my junior year of high school. Once they start coming in sideways it's over, they're going to have to come out.

my bottom ones came in all sideways and it hurt like hell. had all 4 removed when i was in high school. if its already to the point of severe pain, you probly just need to suck it up and go get it taken care of sooner rather than later.

my job doesnt offer dental insurance, and i have spent a few thousand on my teeth in the last couple years with root canals and cavities. my dentist office is very nice to people that pay cash, cutting big discounts. also many places will let you make payments if you dont want to pay all at once.

they usually go in, slice the gums, and then chisel the tooth into 4 parts (one peak per root more or less) and then yank it out.

do it old school

get a bottle of whiskey, some twine, and an anvil

Back