Witch cams for my ek4!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rkajtn

hello my name is robi im coming from slowenia.I drive a honda civic 1.6 16v vtec 160ps HB 96 year.this is my car.wich cams should i buy itr or ctr or Skunk2 Pro-Series professional stage 1?witch gives more hp?

greatings

robi

enybody can help me?wich cams are best for my b16a2!the exaust is 60mm exit pipe 65mm exaust header is JUN 4-1 the muffler catback ist 5 zigen fireball!the throtle body will be skunk 2 oe itr oem header!The CAI is tenzorR better performance like aem v2 cai!!please help slovenia boy!!

greatings robi

Stick to the honda cams if thats all you are doing but keep in mind that the standard springs and Lost motion assemblies are not suitable for higher lift cams, you must replace the springs with ITR or after market springs (even ITR springs arent good for more than 11.5mm of lift). You should seriously consider replacing the lost motion adjusters with ITR one. If you put in high lift cams and find the VTEC lobes wearing or a broken camshaft thats your problem.If you want to use the standard items consider cams with just a longer duration for more performance. You can regrind standard cams to a hotter grind but get them tuftrided before you install them.

Just check the lift on the skunk 2 as they probably have more lift so require better springs, The CTR cams are shorter duration than ITR for better midrange ( 1600cc vs 1800cc ). So its personal choice with them.

they are all pretty close.

itr - ctr - skunk
low -> high

in terms of total power, but the difference is not much.

Which ever you go with, you WILL need to upgrade your springs and retainers on the valvetrain to hold the higher lift and longer duration these cams will offer you over b16 cams.

Back