witch engine has the most power for the money

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mike

would the B18c1-gsr or the B18c5 typeR motor have the most bang for the buck..........sorry 4 kinda copying you....on that line.....thanx guyz

I like the B's as well but the most bang for your buck, best power for what your looking for is the H22. Hands Down. 200hp for $2500. You can't find B18C for that which is 170hp. So there you go. You could have used the reference section to answer your question also. It has great info.

don't forget extra money for the PITA install and also extra money unless you don't mind the so so handling

best bang for the buck is a LS/Vtec

LS motors can be had for 300-400 bucks from local pick and pull yards "atlest I've be quoted that" and B16 heads can be found for 200-300 bucks
put new pistons, rods, headwork and you are looking at another 1500 or so
so you have 2200 bucks in a motor that shuld put out more power then an H22 and have 0 miles on it after the rebuild and be a much easier install

oh and add 500-700 bucks for laber if you want some one else to put the motor together

still the best bang for the buck IMO

if you are lazy and want to drop in a motor B18C1 or B18A/B

sure B18A/B has less power but can be had for cheap therefor making it a pretty good bang for the buck

you're going to have to add a bunch of crap to that though... starters, tranny, dizzys, and so forth add up FAST.

IMO, best bang for buck = b18c1

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 13 2003, 02:07 AM
you're going to have to add a bunch of crap to that though... starters, tranny, dizzys, and so forth add up FAST.

IMO, best bang for buck = b18c1

:withstupid:

best bang for the buck... hands down

D15, any of them

find a buddy who's swapping one out and you can probably have it for nothin
thats 100hp of raw power for free!

I bet that is what you have right now though, I'm just being an ass anyway

sorry

real answer... b18c1
but I went with b16a cause i wanted to save some money and it is pretty close in power

It depends on what your looking for. For a stock engine that you really dont want to touch and your into autox or road racing, b18c5. If you want to do internals, go with the C1.

not even close, b18c1 is in another league compared to b16a's.

only 10hp and about 15ft-lbs of torque
I know 15ft-lbs is alot for a honda but the b18c1 is at least about a grand more than the b16a

in ef hatch's here. b18c1's stock run 13.8's. b16a's run around 14.6-7's. thats quite alot of difference if u ask me.

Back