witch engine??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 93 integra gs and i am having engine problems so i am going to do a swap...please give me your insight on a engine swap for around 2000.00...also was thinking about a b18a1 again and a turbo kit?? let me know what you would do, by the way the car is a 5 speed

The B18A turbo would be cool in fact my friend has one for sale right now fully built and sleeved without a turbo. Well with 2000 you probably won't be able to find a GSR motor for that. Maybe check into a B16 everyone here swears by them.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Dec 1 2004, 07:50 PM
The B18A turbo would be cool in fact my friend has one for sale right now fully built and sleeved without a turbo. Well with 2000 you probably won't be able to find a GSR motor for that. Maybe check into a B16 everyone here swears by them.
[post=424797]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: I'd just drop the same year a1 right back in there. put on a full race turbo kit, tune it and go have some fun.

what about a b20b out of a crv?? i was talking with h motors online and he said to put a b16a xsi jdm engine in it so i would have v tech but it is 1699.00 with a trans but i could get a b18b1 or a b20b for 749.00 but that is engine only...but my trans is good. i am thinking b20b it has 133 trq. but is there mods you can buy for these engines?? what about if i do a b20b with a b16 head??

this one guy i talked to said there is nothing wrong with a b16 in a DA, he said its fun and dont believe what people say that b16 is weak for the DA, the b16 came in the DA in japan so it shouldnt be that bad right? plus the gas mileage is on them i believe but you need premium.

NO, the b16 in a DA is not a good choice not in his situation.

Since he already has everything else a b20 would be a good decision, it will be faster than a b16 and has plenty of aftermarket support. It's the same as an LS with an 84mm bore. I think the b20z has a little more HP but it's a minimal difference.

If you were going to get the b18b/a then I'd suggest getting it from somewhere else than hmotors, i'm not knocking them, they're excellent but you can find one cheaper. I got a complete 91 LS swap for 400 and a complete 95 longblock for 275, and an extra 2000 longblock for 200.

Check ebay, try to get a local one though.

If I were in your little predicament, I would get another LS and peice a turbo kit together.

Back