Woke up late.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So if people are throwing jobs at you why don't you take one of them and make a lot of money and radically improve your quality of life?

So if people are throwing jobs at you why don't you take one of them and make a lot of money and radically improve your quality of life?

:werd:

Did you mean that your school schedule won't allow the job? Because you can part time most graduate work. That's how a lot of people who have advanced degrees get them.

That's great that your undergrad stuff is all paid off though. I'm in the same boat myself! :thumbsup:

I actually plan on joining the Air Force Reserves right out of school and going through officer training.

In the long run I plan on being self-employed in some respect and being an adjunct undergrad accounting professor.

if you are going in the reserves, go now. have them pay for your mba. why would you pay for it yourself then go in? thats out of order imho.

My undergrad degree is not in accounting. I need the masters to know what the hell I'm doing.

The marketing job is simply a fall back. A full time that I won't feel completely useless at. But it's not that great of a job. Late nights which would interfere with grad school and some weekends. I'd have to only take one or two classes a semester to work there. I don't want it to take that long.
95b16coupe said:
if you are going in the reserves, go now. have them pay for your mba. why would you pay for it yourself then go in? thats out of order imho.
I don't want to mess with being deployed before my degree is complete. I want to do it all in one shot. I don't want to have to relearn information after a year plus break. In the long run, grad school isn't costing me a lot of money. I've wasted personal funds on much dumber stuff. Plus, isn't there a way to get cash for school after the fact?
UNDR8D said:
So you can be the first to fuck all the freshmen girls?
Of course!

Na, I've always enjoyed teaching. Not enough to major in it and make crap money for the rest of my life, but sort of as a nice little extra activity. Like a volunteer job with an expense account.

Na, I've always enjoyed teaching. Not enough to major in it and make crap money for the rest of my life, but sort of as a nice little extra activity. Like a volunteer job with an expense account.

Nice if you think crap money is 53,xxx for 180 days work, summers off and awsome bennies. BTW most teaches get a raise when they retire. Not trying to persuede you into a profession but I am sick of all the teachers don't get paid crap talk which triggers the teachers get paid way too much talk.

I am one - do I wish we were paid more relative to lets say doctors, lawyers and pro athletes? - sure. Are we in the poor house? Hell no.

I just looked at New Jersey and starting pay for a teacher is 37,xxx which is 10 grand more than where I started 9 years ago.

Last edited:
Not enough to major in it and make crap money for the rest of my life, but sort of as a nice little extra activity. Like a volunteer job with an expense account.

Ya exactly. I have thought about the same thing. Just teaching a couple ECO courses.

Nice if you think crap money is 53,xxx for 180 days work, summers off and awsome bennies. BTW most teaches get a raise when they retire. Not trying to persuede you into a profession but I am sick of all the teachers don't get paid crap talk which triggers the teachers get paid way too much talk.

I am one - do I wish we were paid more relative to lets say doctors, lawyers and pro athletes? - sure. Are we in the poor house? Hell no.

I just looked at New Jersey and starting pay for a teacher is 37,xxx which is 10 grand more than where I started 9 years ago.

I think he was referring to teaching as an adjunct at a local institution...not being a tenured department chair at a state school, which is a $200k+ job that requires year round dedication and devotion.

SlushboxTeggy

You have a degree in a non-Business Administration area and are going back for a MS in Accounting. Taking all the BA courses in conjunction with the Masters level of accounting? Are you taking them Postbac?

I think his degree is in Commmunications or Marketing. Usually you can do a Master's program with little to no prereqs unless your undergrad degree was TOTALLY unrelated....

I was going to start an MS Counseling program and they only wanted me to take the GMAT plus three psych related courses.

I had to take 4 "Foundation Courses". Basically they covered Accounting 1, 2, and 3 and Stats 1, 2, and 3, along with other courses. My advisor said these first two semesters would cover the most information and be the hardest.

I was a Communications major. One area where it has helped in this major though is my writing and speaking skills. I can write a paper or give a presentation 100x better than most Accounting majors. Some of them physically hurt to read or watch.

Last edited:
Back