Women and cars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My girl LOVES a honda. not instantly but later down the road she wants the Mugen Type RR civic. she doesnt know alot about it. but she knows and see's what it can become and what not. She's dissed my car once. and it was basically on the stock SOHC which is now blowing up and dieing. I think tomorrow will be its last day. if not. tonight.

The only problem I have. is when a girl tells you "oh i love seeing you work on your car" sooo when you go to do the work. she's pissed because you spend too much time with the car. and not her. hypocrites.

My girl LOVES a honda. not instantly but later down the nroad she wants the Mugen Type RR civic. she doesnt know alot about it. but she knows and see's what it can become and what ot.

Uh, ok. Does she (or you) know that the RR isn't available in the US and probably never will be?

I wouldn't buy one even if they did bring them to the US. I think they're way overpriced. If I was to drop more then 30 grand on a compact sports sedan it's gonna be the EVO or WRX. Why would you pay that much for a front wheel drive car when you can get a turbo'd all wheel drive for the same price? :shrug2:

My wife loves my S2000
My wife loves her Civic
My wife loves her Civic's ZC
My wife loves my Civic's super stiff suspension more than her stock cushy suspension
My wife refuses to drive automatic

:D

My ex hated my CRX at first. It was loud (not too loud, just a little more than stock) and the b16 had solid poly race mounts so it vibrated like hell. The suspension was stuff as fuck and so it rode pretty harsh as well.

With time however, she learned to love the car, although she was always a bit afraid of how fast it was. She'd yell at me if I ever gave it more than 3/4 throttle :)

I wouldn't buy one even if they did bring them to the US. I think they're way overpriced. If I was to drop more then 30 grand on a compact sports sedan it's gonna be the EVO or WRX. Why would you pay that much for a front wheel drive car when you can get a turbo'd all wheel drive for the same price? :shrug2:
Only dumb, rich kid ricers will buy them. The only new Mugen Civic I've seen on the road tried to race me for 30 miles on a traffic filled section of the GSP. Fuck that.

But I too am also just a gear head. I see potential in nearly everything. The stable of cars I hope to one day owe with include an AMC big block, 2 LS1s, and something German. By that I mean an FSJ, a GTM Supercar, a ratrod, and something with an M on the back. Maybe I'll still own a Honda for DD purposes.

I would just tell her all her shoes, purses, and other things she may take intrest in are dumb pieces of shit.:D (Im not liable for anything that happens after this is said.)

Uh, ok. Does she (or you) know that the RR isn't available in the US and probably never will be?

i believe if i remember reading correctly. they went for 21k pre ordered. they dont come out till 09 as well. and erm. yeah. their not being shipped to the US. not only that. their sold out. this isnt all direct info. this is just me trying to remember an artical on the RR. so. dont eat me up for them.

Ha I trained my girl right. I told her she could have the f22 I have in my garage if she put some money into it and dropped it into a car at some point the minute I said that she asked what it would drop in and next thing I know I find her on craigslist looking at accords and preludes. then I was like if you wanna do it right find yourself a 91 crx si with all wheel disc brakes and we will build you a turbo setup. She is slowly learning her shit but seriously she asked me to teach her and when I start working on my car she is there and get pissed when I don't hand her a wrench and let her help. So ha! Us kids know how to do it. Train them while they are young....Now she is even talking about going to uti with me if I go after I finish school in colorado. Not to mention she tells me all the time she misses my Integra that I sold.

By the way drive to colorado in that camaro and just let me ride in it. For one day. I could die happy. That has been my dream car since I was like 10. That is the car that got me into modding cars.

LOL

but i have a 84 f350 with 8 inch lift, puttin 425hp to the ground, but he diffrence here is i wheel! , mud race, and i do alot of extreme off road trails in my truck. Now a rusted out POS not mine.my Camaro is a sweet classic. i am at work right now or i would post some pics of the rides. sorry dude no fiberglass cracking here.
i got a 377 stroker ( basically a piped up 350) with speed pro aluminum pistons, shaved rods, .20/.20 balanced crank, comp388 cam, with a .526 valve lift flat tappet.edelbrock air gap manifold, dual 550cfm demon carbs, and the block is a world products, with bow tie closed chamber heads.. th-350 tranny with 700 r4 clutch packs 9inch tail shaft, ford 9 inch 3rd member. the car is black, my father and i put almost 5 yrs into building the car. this is no ghetto shit box

now i am into sport compacts too.. i am just a gear head to the heart

camaro with a ford 9 inch
gotta love it

The problem here is that people are dividing their pleasures from their women. They seperate the two.

Bring them together.

:werd:

getting your woman involved and interested in your hobby (obsession) will do a lot more toward making it acceptable and something that actually brings you closer together

most of the time when people dislike a hobby or activity, its because they dont know enough about it, havent been exposed to it, havent been educated about it, etc...

instead of driving your hobby between the two of you like a wedge that only pushes you further and further apart, try getting your significant other involved, then it may actually bring you closer together... be patient, be understanding, be informative... dont cram it down their throat, expose them to it, open up the opportunity to learn and get involved
at the end of the day even if your significant other still doesnt like or enjoy your hobby, they will at least have a better understanding of it, and will likely be far more accepting of it

If you build a $25k project car, And don't just throw the keys at her "Here hun, have a blast" then you have a wedge.

You need to totally share. I wanted to get my girlfriend on my bikes when I got them. And it worked. I had to take my brand new shiny bike and say "I don't care if you damage it, go out and have some fun"

:werd:

getting your woman involved and interested in your hobby (obsession) will do a lot more toward making it acceptable and something that actually brings you closer together

most of the time when people dislike a hobby or activity, its because they dont know enough about it, havent been exposed to it, havent been educated about it, etc...

instead of driving your hobby between the two of you like a wedge that only pushes you further and further apart, try getting your significant other involved, then it may actually bring you closer together... be patient, be understanding, be informative... dont cram it down their throat, expose them to it, open up the opportunity to learn and get involved
at the end of the day even if your significant other still doesnt like or enjoy your hobby, they will at least have a better understanding of it, and will likely be far more accepting of it

My hobby (obsession): video games.

My solution to the aforementioned s/o issue: Guitar Hero :)

well i have to chime in..if a girl your talking to,dating,married to..doesnt appreciate cars,you need to get her to atleast be ok with you appreciating them,,its a plus if she thinks its cool,and an even bigger plus if she gets int them as well,but it cant go as far as her knowing more than you,,thats a big time turn off..
and with that being said........
the girl ive been talking to lately.loves hondas,she is getting a civic on saturday(trading her saturn)
now the dowside is,she likes bodykits,spoilers,and dumbass paintjobs..
but i will change that(especially if we start dating)^_^

My wife is very into cars.

Paticularly fucking them up and curbing the rims.

/sigh.

well i have to chime in..if a girl your talking to,dating,married to..doesnt appreciate cars,you need to get her to atleast be ok with you appreciating them,,its a plus if she thinks its cool,and an even bigger plus if she gets int them as well,but it cant go as far as her knowing more than you,,thats a big time turn off..
and with that being said........
the girl ive been talking to lately.loves hondas,she is getting a civic on saturday(trading her saturn)
now the dowside is,she likes bodykits,spoilers,and dumbass paintjobs..
but i will change that(especially if we start dating)^_^

Dating? Is that when you move beyond playing with her nipples too hard and trying to ram your cock in the wrong hole?

i believe if i remember reading correctly. they went for 21k pre ordered. they dont come out till 09 as well. and erm. yeah. their not being shipped to the US. not only that. their sold out. this isnt all direct info. this is just me trying to remember an artical on the RR. so. dont eat me up for them.

As for you, I'm going to assume that negative rep you gave me for something I said in this thread was by accident. If something I said made you that upset, you can take your ten posts and get the fuck out.

My wife is very into cars.

Paticularly fucking them up and curbing the rims.

/sigh.

lol. pretty much every post you make cracks me up. get her some curb feelers? those are sexy. :D

Back