Wonderful day in the Z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
First off on my way out the door to work I droped a check in the mail, My LAST payment. my 7 year loan is paid in full! In just over 2 years.

Also a few days ago I picked up my SMOG letter, I thought it was due in june, sure enough it was for May 2nd... DOH! $14.00 for smog test $15 extra for every 4 weeks past the due date.

I pull up to the smog station, first thing I did was bypass every car in line, maybe 8-9 cars or so. guessing about a 45 min wait. I pulled up to the office and walk inside. I asked the guy if he could look at my car, I said I was willing to work with them in anyway to get it tested however they need to make sure it will fit over the rollers and whatever other test they do.

He said ok lets see. He walks out with me and says HMMMmmmmmm let me get the manager. The manager comes out and says sure it will work if we take it thru lane 3. I asked him if he was sure, he looked at me weird I said take a better look at the car, so he gets closer and looks under it and goes damn this car is nice! Then he says yeah you're right, then walks away. The other guy calls me back into the office so I went back in there and he gets a form out, writes my tag/vin info down and signs it, here you go have a nice day, see you in 2 years.

I said thank you, walked out and get in my car. then it hit me.... I didnt even pay the guy. Woot!

I guess they can't charge unless they do a test. =) =) =) =)

Today was a good day in the Z =)

p.s she just cracked 31,000 last night. plus I got her sideways today =)

http://www.zmodified.com/gallery/albums/us...y_3_9_29490.jpg

What size tires are on that thing, again?

I'm happy that I'm going to be on 235's all around in the WRX. I didn't want to go too large and kill the gearing advantage that I'm gaining from the smaller sidewall I'm going to use and I didn't want fuel economy to go in the shitter even more because added rolling resistance + shorter gearing = :huh:

Anyway, what are they like 275/40/18?

Crap, hmmmmm I always forget, I think 285/40/19? maybe? they're over 11" wide in the rear.

Quoted post[/post]]
Crap, hmmmmm I always forget, I think 285/40/19? maybe? they're over 11" wide in the rear.

Well do you run the same offset and staggered wheel widths?

Obviously the Z is RWD so its sensible to ride something large in the rear and something smaller upfront.

285/40/19 sounds right. The 40 sidewall is a pretty low profile tire and probably as low as most people would sensibley go for the street.

I'm going 235/40/17x8 for the WRX, slightly smaller diameter than stock. If 19's weren't so heavy, bling bling, and expensive I would have went with them but instead I went with something really lightweight.

Seeing really wide tires makes me smile though.

On OVERHAUL'IN they did a S10 Napa delivery truck and cut the rear wheel wells and gutted the bed and put in 18inch wide wheels. I love looking at the M3 and being in awe of how wide the wheels are on it, and I love seeing fat wheels like yours. Its great but gets real expensive fast and sucks if you have to roll the fenders.

p.s. Here's the most badass tire calculator ever. If you find out the stock rim/tire dimensions and the current ones you can see what the difference in diameter and every other aspect is between the two. I'd be curious to see you post it up.

yeah its staggered.

my 19s are lighter then the stock 17s. its all in the cash.

I always point out that some of the volk 19s are over 5lbs lighter then the factroy 17s.
My Axis are only about 1lb lighter.

Either way they cost, both wheels and tires. 1 single rear tire is in the 300-400 range.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah its staggered.

my 19s are lighter then the stock 17s. its all in the cash.

I always point out that some of the volk 19s are over 5lbs lighter then the factroy 17s.
My Axis are only about 1lb lighter.

Either way they cost, both wheels and tires. 1 single rear tire is in the 300-400 range.

Holy shit, what the fuck kind of rubber is on there?

...and how much do the rims weigh?

I went an inch taller from stock and 1.5inches wider and saved 1-1.5lbs on each corner. :)

My 17x8 Enkei RPF1's are 15-15.5lbs, there really wasn't anything much lighter than that available. SSR comps are slightly lighter, motegi trak lites 2, and some volks but really not much else.

thats just how much big rubber costs.

255/35/18 for my buddies IS run 250-350 a piece. .... well for good rubber (Eagle F1 / Toyo T1-S)

i like the $60 a piece for 205/55/15 :mrgreen:

my Kumho MXs were 79 a piece for 205/40/17 :).

Im dreading taking this car to firestone....i just dont like having anyone in my car, cause im almost positive they wont hit my radiator fans...and thats scary if they have it running for any long period of time.

sweet day indeed Jeffie

now your insurance will go down now thats it paid for since you no longer have a lein on it. having cheap insurance and a car thats paid for is one of the best things in the world if you ask me :)

Quoted post[/post]]
sweet day indeed Jeffie

now your insurance will go down now thats it paid for since you no longer have a lein on it. having cheap insurance and a car thats paid for is one of the best things in the world if you ask me :)

Not sure if that goes by state to state, but in maryland having a lein on a car doesnt make it any less or any higher of a risk.

If anything knowing its not paid in full should make it less risk since no one wants to crash something and have to pay out if the insurance doesnt pay enough to cover the cost of the loan.

Only thing making my insurance go down is my age. its been droping more and more over the last few years.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
sweet day indeed Jeffie

Not sure if that goes by state to state, but in maryland having a lein on a car doesnt make it any less or any higher of a risk.

If anything knowing its not paid in full should make it less risk since no one wants to crash something and have to pay out if the insurance doesnt pay enough to cover the cost of the loan.

Only thing making my insurance go down is my age. its been droping more and more over the last few years.

Usually the car can be insured for less because of the depreciated value and because of the ability to have strict liability on the car as opposed to being required to have full collision when there's a lein on the car.

Therefore, you can go from collision to liability if you were brave and since the insurance company would no longer be insuring against the value of the car - your premium would drop tremendously.

Of course you're not that brave and you have a nice ride so you'll pay the extra money to make sure it doesn't get jacked and you go for a $30,000 ride.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
sweet day indeed Jeffie

Usually the car can be insured for less because of the depreciated value and because of the ability to have strict liability on the car as opposed to being required to have full collision when there's a lein on the car.

Therefore, you can go from collision to liability if you were brave and since the insurance company would no longer be insuring against the value of the car - your premium would drop tremendously.

Of course you're not that brave and you have a nice ride so you'll pay the extra money to make sure it doesn't get jacked and you go for a $30,000 ride.

Well yeah, having no lein doesnt mean chaper insurance, it means you have the right to have the lowest coverage you want. IMO that is not called cheaper insurance, its called less insurance.

full coverage for my car is all of $30 bucks more a month VS lia/comp only. there's no reason not to have it.

Whats great is since the Z falls under my main car, (main car is the highest priced to insure car) that means if I get a newer car like a BMW or Lex my insurance on that car is dirt cheap, they will rate it as a over 25 MARRIED male. BMW 330CI Is rated around 80 bucks a month for full coverage.

thats what the vp of my company drives...i got to drive that when we moved buildings. its pretty nice...gets up to 100 pretty quick...dunno if its faster than my lude tho...its prolly pretty close.

SOOOOOO....what your sayin is.......not close at all :cry:

The best ive run is 14.82 on the quarter and 9.98 on the 1/8. although the 1/4 i ran on a buddy of mine's slicks...i did 15.23 on my 17" AVS ES100s

Why would you not pass smog? Is your car boosted or N20'd?

The new Z is nice, but its depressing to drive after going for a ride in a BPU'd 300zx. Hell, even my 240 pulls harder than a stock Z.

Back