Won't rev past 2500 RPM?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StocknSlow

I have a EF hatch with a OBD-0 B16a swap, and I recently took apart the FITV because the idle was bouncing around. I put it back together and it seemed to be idling correctly (~1500 while warming up), but I realized I didn't plug the TPS back in, so I did that and now the car will not rev past 2500 RPM and it's idling around 2200-2300 RPM.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Well, I'm currently throwing the following codes, so the CEL is still on:

- Throttle position sensor
- IAC Valve
- VTEC oil pressure switch

I took apart the TPS and it looks like it might be in need of replacement... is there a chance a faulty TPS could cause the ECU to throw those codes?

Haha, thanks... :roll: lol

On that note, there is a clicking sound coming from the back of the head/intake manifold area that is apparent when the car is idling. I'm pretty sure it goes away when the throttle is slightly opened... could this be coming from the IACV?

Someone told me it sounded like a solenoid clicking on & off, but it doesn't sound like it's near the actual VTEC solenoid, it more sounds like somthing inside the manifold...

Yeah, I know. Just thought it was a lil odd that all of the sudden it won't rev past 2500 RPM... and before I messed with the FITV it was only revving to 7.5k and there was no VTEC engagement (limp mode?)...

And I guess it does kinda sound like a type writer... I think it's in need of a valve adjustment. Valve train noise is a lil loud (especially when driving).

Back