Won't start w/ blown head gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

07seghetti

Black Stallion
First I will introduce myself. I am new to Honda Swap (first post) but have been reading the the forums for about a year now getting a feel for it. I have a 2000 Integra GSR completely stock ( rebuilding engine soon and have plans of boosting in a couple months.
Right now I just want to make it a daily driver, at least until i get all the parts in.

Now the problem story:
I blew the head gasket last year ( hopefully that is all, have'nt torn the engine apart yet), a couple miles from my home. Check engine light started blinking and ran like crap all the way home. Did'nt have a obd reader than so i assumed it was a head gasket through friends opinions and my knowledge.
The Next day I went to go start up and the engine wouldnt start. Since this happened one week before I went overseas, I didnt look into it and left it in the parking lot. I am now back and started looking into it after sitting for nine months. Engine turns over but does not ignite, not getting any spark (I could smell fuel after a couple attempts and when changing out the plugs).
What all have I done so far:
New spark plugs
New plug wires
Rebuilt dizzy (new coil pack, ICM, Sensors, cap, rotor, pretty much everything inside the dizzy has been replaced).
Shot the wires and got power where i was supposed to inside the dizzy, continuity is good as well.

I still have'nt changed the head gasket, want to at least get it to start so i can drive it to the auto hobby shop (less than a mile away) to change it out there. Also the check engine light doesn't even come on anymore even when trying to start.

Anyone have any knowledge/opinions on the problem?

Last edited:
it wont start most likely because you have no compression.

dump a teaspoon of oil in each cylinder, leave the plugs out, and crank it for a few seconds. put the plugs back in and hope for the best. if not, TOW!

Back