wont start without pumping the gas pedal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

O2 sensor could cause it to do that I suppose.
Timing might be off a little too, this could be your problem.
I'd get the FPR just to be safe.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 2 2004, 02:13 PM
O2 sensor could cause it to do that I suppose.
Timing might be off a little too, this could be your problem.
I'd get the FPR just to be safe.
[post=397476]Quoted post[/post]​

do you think i should get an adjustable FPR to let more fuel in since I've had the thing ported and polished? I've heard that this might be the reason and Im just needing more fuel at startup...

polishing the intake runners can lead to fuel puddling particularly at low RPM's were the velocity of the air isn't high enough to help the atomization of the fuel

the EACV (electronic air control valve) or intake air control valve (i've seen it called both by helms) is located on the back of the intake manifold beneath the plenum- its on the end closest to the TB

so what was the end results because i am having the same problem? with my 97 civic with a b16 in it let me know if there is any new info

Originally posted by bunson
just got done checking sensors looks like they are all wired correctly but I still can't find the EACV?

The idle air control valve is on the back of the intake plenum (lookin at it from the front of the car). It's got a 2 wire connector.

im havin same prob with mine(gsr-93 dx) but im gettin code 23 checked that its pluged in (could it have goine bad?) but never had this prob in the day just late night or early morn

well i found mine i did the cel thing to check the code and i got a code 14 which is IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve i had a wire on wrong and someone gave me a link on ffsqaud.com and i went to my civic and i did what it said to do and boom the cel turned off and the car starts now with out holding the gas down i can start it get out the car and adjust the timing and all it stays on. now the only problem ihave to play with is the fluctuating up and down like 1000 to 1500 up and down.

Hey Bunson....! or anyone
question.......I need info on the gsr swap to civic dx.....I have a 93 honda civic dx sedan with a 94 i think gsr engine....There are 4 plugs on the passenger side engine harness....Now 3 of them plug right in but theres a little plug with a yellow w/ black stripe wire and a Red solid wire..What are these for and where do they hook up too in the ecu....Right now my car is misfiring (idles real bad) and Im getting lots of black smoke coming out the exhaust......Please help.....

How do I post pics?

Thanks

Back