Wont start!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright ill try it tomorrow i should have all day off school cuz of this snow lol about 4-5" and still more coming :D

just reach up there and press the clutch switch in and turn the key... see if anything changes......if you turn the key and NOTHING happens other than a relay clicking (main relay) then i would check your starter relay.....it is in the driver kick panel, basically above the plastic trim panel. see if that clicks when you are trying to start the car.....

IIRC theres two of them, I wish I hadn't thrown my broken assembly away. I think theres one that makes sure that it's depressed, this one should be pushed in when the clutch is out, when you push the pedal in the button pushes out, and theres another one that is pushed in when the clutch is on the ground all the way, Just get under there and start screwing around, see what you find, I can't remember it's been like 6 months since I did mine. If I get around to it, I'll go look.

i was just under the dash and i still found nothing im so pissed off at this thing right now... on a brighter note i just found a nice motorcycle project that i may look into im making a thread about it...

im about to bring it to you so we can figure it out lol you have a heated garage? im trying to do this in my driveway and i cant get it dont in the 5 minutes i can stand to be outside lol

try taking a peice of wire make sure car is in nuetral turn key on run wire from positive of batt to the ignition wire on the starter it should turn over if it does trace your ign wire if not ur starter is toast

ok.....
brake switch goes out (gets released) when brake is applied as the switch itself is BELOW the brake pedal pivot point.
the clutch switch goes in (gets depressed) when clutch is presses as the switch itself is ABOVE the clutch pedal pivot point.
either remove your driver seat completely or just slide it all the way to the back.
lie down on your back and look up at the pedal assembly. you should be able to see the brake pedal switch easily. the clutch switch is pretty high up in the dash. you might have to drop the fusebox down to actually see it clearly. if you can physically slide your hand up the clutch pedal,
you would be able to figure out where the switch is.

here is a diagram of the brake and clutch pedal assemblies.
(blue is not pushed, red is pushed)

hope this helps.
jeremy

clutchbrakeswdiagram.jpg

its the starter :( we jumped it and the motor on it would spin but the gear wouldnt engage and turn the engine over... so i need a new starter $180 :( and im broke so it will probably be down for at least another week :(

and thanks for the diagram...

Jesus! My S10's starter was 60 bucks with a 20 dollar core. That shit sucks, but at least you know now.

Oh, and heated garage... hehe. I wish.

well i found a starter for $15, picked it up, put it in and still nothing! :( im really starting to get pissed

well test your starter relay. that and you might have forgotten to hook something up. with the 15.00 starter.... just jumper the solenoid power to the battery and see if it spins and shoots the gear out to engage the flywheel. you don't have to install it in the car to check that.
yw on the diagram.

- jeremy

its also 15 degrees and the wiring harness is stiff as hell so its hard to get in and out of there... and i need to try to jump this one and see what it does i was frozen last night when i put it in

its also 15 degrees and the wiring harness is stiff as hell so its hard to get in and out of there... and i need to try to jump this one and see what it does i was frozen last night when i put it in

it was close to that last night here in north florida..... this past week and a half has sucked balls and its been really cold... hopefully it will warm up soon.....i am tired of looking at my wifes 98 accord all torn apart... i want her car finished so i can get back to work on my own vehicles!

Back