WOO HOO! Got my S/T rear bar for X-Mas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
So i finally got it, the S/T sway/tie bar combo for the rear. cant wait to install it. i have one question though, for people that have installed this or other bars, do the control arm bushing bolts seize up like the lower shock mount bolts do? This is the bolt where the C/A mounts to the subframe. According to the directions, i have to remove that bolt, and im hoping and praying it wont be seized, any have any experiences with this? thanks all, merry christmas!

-Chris

yes they can .... spray the fuck out of them with some penitrating oil and you should be ok though

good bar choice ... thats the one im running :)

the tie bar looks evil :D

yeah, it looks real nice.

i had a chance tonight to put her up on a lift, the drivers side bolt came right out, ofcourse the passenger side decided to be a bitch. So tomorrow morning, i gotta run over to honda before they close and hope they have the bushings in stock. Atleast the kit comes with all new bolts.

hey eric, hows she handle with it on? And did you have to make the holes in the subframe bigger for the tie bolts? i looks like they might be too small, but then again, it looks like they might work, hard to tell. i cant wait to test it out, but is it pretty neutral or tail happy?

-Chris

im using a del sol bar with ITR LCAs so i needed to do a little "massaging" to get it in there correctly

car handles incredibly... but i have a LOTTTT of stuff done... its quite neutral... the ass end will kick out once in a while but it takes a lot to get it to go... there is plenty of warning and it doesnt just snap out ... its very controlable :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 27 2003, 04:35 AM

car handles incredibly... but i have a LOTTTT of stuff done...

yeah, im starting to get that point. What all is alot if i may?

Im Wishing i had just replaced all the bushings with poly, instead of doing them one by one as i come across more froze ones. Maybe someday, but im thinking after this is done, brakes in the spring, new struts in the rear, i will then (hopefully) be done with the suspension. Unless i get antsy and go for some of them fancy LCA's or something.

So your using the Del Sol VTEC bar? what size is that one?

no im using the Suspension Tech sway/tie bar set for the del sol ... but i have ITR LCAs

as for the rest of the shit done
hit me up on IM sometime ... we'll talk :)

oooh, if its that secretive, i'll definitely get at ya, maybe tomorrow night, cuz im dead tired now.

Well, i installed it this afternoon at work. Havent had too much to drive it yet, but so far, its awesome! She turns in alot nicer, no body roll. the funny thing is, i find myself going into corners thinking, uh oh, your in too hot, then i get back on the gas and im like, damn, i was going to slow! what a great mod, i cant wait to get out on some of my favorite back roads and really test this sucker.

-Chris

you want to REALLY test it out ?????

come to some of the track events ill be hitting this year

its always nice to have another honda there... kinda breaks up the monotony of all the porsche 911s and M series BMWs :lol:

You let me know when and where (and how much), and i'll be there in a heartbeat!

Back