Woo hoo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, except you get the reliability and ingenious engineering of the audi/vdub mercedes club.

It's gonna be so reliable, you'll never have to open the hood. ever.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Sep 24 2005, 11:45 AM
yeah, except you get the reliability and ingenious engineering of the audi/vdub mercedes club.

It's gonna be so reliable, you'll never have to open the hood. ever.
[post=559774]Quoted post[/post]​

yea until all the oil burns up in it, justlike all VW, audi and MBs do.

dodge_vehicle.jpg

That Caliber is shit on wheels. Jesus. But it's obviously Chrysler saying "We are unable to come up with a compact car capable of performing and selling as well as the Japanese, so we just give up, and are gonna sell this horrid looking wagon...thing."

I can only hope the kickass little SRT-4 is NOT based on this homobile. Please baby jesus don't let Chrysler do it.

And btw, anyone who says the SRT-4 is still just a neon, has never seen (or heard) one do its thing in person. That car is a 350Z wearing neon skin. It kicks holy ass. And neon's don't run 14 flat in the quarter.

I can't believe they wouldn't have a base model car. Maybe it will be like ford did and make different versions of its focus, seden, couple, station wagon looking thing, etc.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Sep 25 2005, 08:41 PM
I can't believe they wouldn't have a base model car. Maybe it will be like ford did and make different versions of its focus, seden, couple, station wagon looking thing, etc.
[post=560250]Quoted post[/post]​

wtf? dont you mean sedan, hatch, wagon...?

Originally posted by confusatron@Sep 25 2005, 08:38 PM
That Caliber is shit on wheels. Jesus. But it's obviously Chrysler saying "We are unable to come up with a compact car capable of performing and selling as well as the Japanese, so we just give up, and are gonna sell this horrid looking wagon...thing."

I can only hope the kickass little SRT-4 is NOT based on this homobile. Please baby jesus don't let Chrysler do it.

And btw, anyone who says the SRT-4 is still just a neon, has never seen (or heard) one do its thing in person. That car is a 350Z wearing neon skin. It kicks holy ass. And neon's don't run 14 flat in the quarter.
[post=560247]Quoted post[/post]​

That's right, for now - no SRT4. I'm sure that Dodge may bring something back, but since they are abandoning Cab-Forward, the next thing we may see is a Neon replacement carrying the SRT4 designations.

Also, while I do like the SRT4s a lot, you must remember it's a trim package wrapping up a rather pedestrian econo-car.

But it seems that mainstream "High Performance" cars, where as yesteryear brought about such goodies as "low-slung" "Interesting" "sleek" "cockpit controls" now bring about such neuter thoughts like "4 door" "sport shift automatic" "jeweled taillights" "multiple airbag" and "High safety ratings".

As a sports car lover, my nuts have been sliced off when people call any 4 door a "sports car".

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Sep 25 2005, 07:11 PM-->
confusatron
@Sep 25 2005, 06:38 PM
That car is a 350Z wearing neon skin.
[post=560247]Quoted post[/post]​

I can't believe you just said that... :angry:
[post=560270]Quoted post[/post]​

+1

Those cars are so completely different, it would take a whole damn screen's worth of real estate to list the differences. It IS still just a Neon for one reason: FWD. No one is going to take a performance car seriously if it's still sporting FWD.

Hey Celerity: Dont get too upset about the performance sedans tearing up the market right now. It's kinda nice to have practicality and performance zipped up into one neat little package. :)

Sure is, but I see no sense in taking the family car and making it the hottest car in the line-up.

I mean this WRX in the driveway insures like a damned Corvette. Everyone is making hand over fist on the concept, except those that buy them. Insurance companies love the idea because they can double the field of "high risk cars", the manufacturers love it because they take a near-bottom-line model and price it right up to premium. (Imprezas, Lancers, Neons, etc). The dealers can do what they want in bargainning price terms because everyone is drooling over them, and aftermarket companies can make big bucks on their mods (WRX mods costing as much as Corvette mods, etc).

I complain, but of course, I practice what I preach: I'll take an econo car and personally mod it to my liking, or I'll get an older used model that I really appreciate. It's still kinda insane when you think about it.

Back