Woo! Two ice days in a row

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
So, you guys from the wrong part of the country always talk about your code whites and panic over the fluffy goodness that comes your way.
All while I'm down here thinking "what is this snow they speak of?"
See, in Nashville, we get ice. It resembles that stuff you call snow from a distance, but Shits hard as a rock and more slippery than a greased up fire pole. Work stayed closed yesterday and classes cancelled today.
Apparently a state of emergency has been declared. Roads are just a solid sheet of ice. Fun stuff. Might walk to the square later to write a paper at the coffee shop. Sure as hell won't be driving.

Ice sucks, I will take a blizzard over an ice storm any day. We just keep getting pita storms lately and cold.

This was yesterday morning when it first started to come down and gather on the grass. The road was completely white by 6am. Took a while to cover the green stuff. Looks like snow when on the ground. But it's just sleet that freezes into a sheet on the ground. Shits loud when it falls too, annoying.

Attachments

• 20150216_120441.jpg
    20150216_120441.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 196
if i had good tires on the subaru i would have gone out to play in a parking lot. but, as it is... no.

but, plenty of hurling happening on the interstates.

lol. one of the good things about the shitty low level job i have is that they close on days like this. problem is there is no sick days.

but, just spent a little time outside taking out the trash and letting the cars run for a little bit to thaw and scrape off the 2 to 3 inches of ice covering them. my awful, uneven gravel driveway is perfectly smooth and level. makes me wish i had a paved driveway even more, looks nice. lol.

I'm pretty concerned about ice dams on the roof, the gutters are completely packed with ice and shits melting from the top down. but, theres nothing i can do about it so there not much point in worrying about it. turned the cars around so that the sun is shining on the windshields for the rest of the day to help clear that crap off.
the weight on the car had no effect on the ice on the ground, it supported the weight perfectly.

This was yesterday after coming back from skiing.

10993120_10204563070371394_419084389321450529_n.jpg

like, car gas or natural gas? `good on both. I filled up sat night on the way home and havnt left since.
did come to the conclusion that we need to buy a really small generator that is strong enough to only push the blower for the hvac unit since its gas. just in case we lose power on a cold night.

Not a bad idea, I am thinking about one that could either run my furnace or a pellet stove that we want to get.

like, car gas or natural gas? `good on both. I filled up sat night on the way home and havnt left since.
did come to the conclusion that we need to buy a really small generator that is strong enough to only push the blower for the hvac unit since its gas. just in case we lose power on a cold night.
naw, not you, b16's out of gas on the cluster

Reactions: B16
Back