Woodsters B16A Swap thread.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friz

We started last night after work and school. We should have the engine in sometime tomorrow. I will post more pics as they become available.
Dscf0118.jpg

The Victim
Dscf0117.jpg

The swap
Dscf0119.jpg

The tired d
Dscf0121.jpg

First look at the transplant
Dscf0122.jpg

The stage
Dscf0123.jpg

Dscf0124.jpg

Dscf0125.jpg

Dscf0126.jpg

Dscf0127.jpg

Dscf0128.jpg

Dscf0129.jpg

Dscf0130.jpg

Dscf0131.jpg

The last pics show him puling the harness off the old engine and routing the harness onto the new engine. I wish I would have done this on mine when the engine was out of the car.

Quoted post[/post]]
The last pics show him puling the harness off the old engine and routing the harness onto the new engine. I wish I would have done this on mine when the engine was out of the car.
Oh yeah. DEFINITELY makes it easier. Especially if wires need to be extended or added on. Best time to keep it looking like it came from the factory like that.

Nice going man, let us know when you get it up and running. BTW thats a purdy engine crane :ph34r:

Im loving doing this swap so darn much. Ive been wanting something to work on for ages it seems and finally I have something!

Last night i got all my wires ran from the vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure, and knocksensor(even though im going to have to go without one for awhile since its broken, DOES ANYBODY HAVE A KNOCK SENSOR THEY WANT TO GET RID OF?) Anyway, today Ive got to make an extension for the o2 sensor, and get the biotch dropped in.

New pics will be up tonight.

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!! It runs. Will finish up tomorrow.

A few problems...
Got the wrong upper rad hose. Improvised by cutting up the old lower hose. Also have a broke knock sensor so we started it on a vtec converted p06 to avoid a code. Steve at hmotors wanted a pic of the broken sensor before we started removing the harness (too late)and started talking about how long it would take to get it to us. I got the impression that helping us out was not in his interest. We have already got one coming through another source.

Awesome! Im so psyched to drive this thing! Even without the knock sensor, it should still be rewarding. A few more hours left of work to go!

Seems to run good. We are a little disappointed in the shift linkage. We were sent a poor reproduction shift linkage with the swap. (Not the stock honda that came with my first swap). It came with a lot of slop in the bushings and the shifter end needed to be bent to try to shorten the linkage a little. It is a little too long and puts the shifter in a bad position. Very far forward. Also the welds look cold and the material seems soft, I am concerned that it may break easily. There was a big difference in the two swaps I have gotten from hmotors. The first one looked as if it was freshly cut out of a car and palleted. This one looks as if was peiced together out of what was available.

Dscf0137.jpg

Just looks right in there.

Well got the swap done. I think he is going to just spring for the stock shift linkage. It is running very well otherwise. Woodster definately has the "V-Tec Grin"

I definately have that Vtec grin goin on. Im so damn psyched to have this in, gonna be my new favorite toy.

Gotta get a upper radiator hose, some of the stock spring clamps, and the shift linkage and things should be going good. Got a new radiator cap since my old one was shot.

Running the p28 is feeling pretty nice, cant wait to feel whats its like running on a stock p30, hopefully the knock sensor gets here before I get back...

Thanks for all your help friz! Couldnt have done it without you.

Back