wooho! gas is on its way back down

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

regular was 2.56 here in lubbock yesterday

and i'm pretty sure i predicted this already on the other thread......
i'm at least sure i predicted this to all my friends....

*edit* i can't believe i've only got 145 posts; i've gotta start making a lot of simple posts like "yup" and " :werd: "

Originally posted by hondarin@Sep 16 2005, 04:15 PM
regular was 2.56 here in lubbock yesterday

and i'm pretty sure i predicted this already on the other thread......
i'm at least sure i predicted this to all my friends....

*edit* i can't believe i've only got 145 posts; i've gotta start making a lot of simple posts like "yup" and " :werd: "
[post=555632]Quoted post[/post]​

Today 93 dropped from 3.35/gal to 3.15/gal! :w00t:

So, you bastards, does this mean that Bush has decided to make his oil tycoons ease off on the american public?

huh?

$2.60 / gal for 87 in Fredericksburg VA today... Wonder what its gonna be when i get home this weekend.

Now i'm glad i didnt fill up the van on the way to the airport... :)

Oil should be, at the CT pumps (High, but not the highest) at $2.35 for low, and 10 cents rising. $2.60 is still too high.

But, according to Shepard Smith's show on Fox, the past 3 weeks have seen a substantial DROP in US consumption. If we keep this up, and build up reserves, we may be in the clear for the next year. Home Heating is still on the up though - With the major companies filling their tanks this summer. You will still see $300+ monthly oil bills.

All I can still say is, there has to be a better way.

300 a MONTH for oil?

thats just fukcing absurd.

last year, when home heating oil was about 2.50 ish, my family and i went through 1 full tank (150 gal) and about 1/4 of the refill, so about 200 gallons, for a total of 400 bucks for october through april.

granted, i keep my house around 60-62 most the time, but there is no need to spend 300 bucks a month unless your an old fuck with arthritis. no need to be 75 degrees in the house.

man, i should of invested in oil...or opec...orseomthing. so when this happened, and prices rose to retarded new heights...i would of sold after 3 days of it... man id be rollin in cash.

invest in oil, then sell all your stock right before bush leaves office :p lmao.

2.97-2.99 for premium here.

Of course I haven't filled up since the 5th, and I'm still at a half tank... so it's not really that expensive.

Thank God East of Chicago closed so I'm not filling up twice a week anymore.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 16 2005, 06:20 PM
300 a MONTH for oil?

last year, when home heating oil was about 2.50 ish, my family and i went through 1 full tank (150 gal) and about 1/4 of the refill, so about 200 gallons, for a total of 400 bucks for october through april.

granted, i keep my house around 60-62 most the time, but there is no need to spend 300 bucks a month unless your an old fuck with arthritis. no need to be 75 degrees in the house.
[post=555670]Quoted post[/post]​

150 is a TINY tank... You sure its not a 250?

And we moved into our house in feb. Filled the 250 tank.. Kept it around 68 degrees, and it also does our hot water. I just had to put oil in 2 weeks ago... At $2.50 / gallon... :(

EDIT: And I paid $1.69 in Feb. <_<

I FREAKED when I paid $1.80.

I have a 250 gallon, and it took me one and a half tanks last year. My neighbor upstairs thinks it's a hoot that I heat his house.

Asshole.

-> S

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Sep 16 2005, 10:56 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 16 2005, 06:20 PM
300 a MONTH for oil?

[post=555670]Quoted post[/post]​

150 is a TINY tank... You sure its not a 250?

And we moved into our house in feb. Filled the 250 tank.. Kept it around 68 degrees, and it also does our hot water. I just had to put oil in 2 weeks ago... At $2.50 / gallon... :(

EDIT: And I paid $1.69 in Feb. <_<
[post=555751]Quoted post[/post]​

positive... it is small.
not sure what my hot water heater is... i think its electric.

68 is a little warm IMO.

65 is plenty in the day. 60 at night while you sleep. thats what blankets are for, and sex :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 16 2005, 10:16 PM

65 is plenty in the day. 60 at night while you sleep. thats what blankets are for, and sex :)
[post=555758]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh boy... your laundry bill is going to suck this winter.

This year I have plans to bring the Propane heater into the basement, and work on a few engines at the workbench. That should radiate the house a little.

But Mr Heater takes about $20 a week to operate.

I drove by a station on the way to work...one on the Merrit Pkwy....$2.85 for 87....

This is great, at this point any drop in gasoline prices will get people on a spending craze with gas again. invest now that it is getting "lower" because it's value will indoubtedly rise again as the suv drivers go crazy after saving a whole $10.00. w00t!!! Just like newspaper coupons ;)

Back