woohoo so happy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kolumbo69

Finally its all coming togather for the last month i have been looking for the parts for my b20vtec and now i have found them all and have money to actually buy them the only things im stuck on is whether to splurge 500 (canadain) for itr cams and 800 for the sir conversion for my rex. Man its better than sex when you find out that u can sit in a garage for the next month and put it all togather. I know big but i thought id share. SO this will be the build

b16head tranny ecu
b17 crank rods pistons ( pitsons will be forsale )
b20z pistons
itr cams (maybe)
jdm header
gc coilovers with kyb's
sir front end conversion ( not sure of yet)

With that shorter-stroke crank and the B20Z pistons, you are gonna be running some low-ass compression. You aren't even going to have the full 2 liters of displacement. Are you going to boost it or what? What was wrong with the B20 crank?

well im going to buy some je pistons not sure when, but with it destroked i will beable to run very high rpm plus it will only bring it down to a 1.9L and with a the b20z piston it wont be to bad with the b16 head should make okay compression. They make 9.6-1 stock, and the ls build goes from 9.2-1 to 9.6-1 so thats 10-1 compression for the b20 if you go by what the compression the b16 made for an ls vtec. Well see

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the b17 deck height the same as the b16a?

running b17 rods on a b17 crank is going to have you short of creating an effective combustion chamber... aka 1:1 compression. lol

Originally posted by Kolumbo69@Mar 2 2004, 07:12 PM
well im going to buy some je pistons not sure when, but with it destroked i will beable to run very high rpm plus it will only bring it down to a 1.9L and with a the b20z piston it wont be to bad with the b16 head should make okay compression. They make 9.6-1 stock, and the ls build goes from 9.2-1 to 9.6-1 so thats 10-1 compression for the b20 if you go by what the compression the b16 made for an ls vtec. Well see

When you shorten stroke, you lose compression as well. With that gay B17 crank I guarantee you will lose about a whole point of compression over the B20 crank, regardless of what pistons you use. The B20 stroke geometry is not really that bad and with forged rods, you should not have a problem. Just use the goddamn B20 crank. Ask Calesta about this, I'm sure he knows a lot more than my armchair analysis ass.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 2 2004, 10:00 PM

running b17 rods on a b17 crank is going to have you short of creating an effective combustion chamber... aka 1:1 compression. lol

I'm pretty sure that the B16A is the only B-series motor with the oddball deck height.

I wasnt really sure how it worked just told about it calesta please bless me with your knowledge :worthy:

Huh... well, I guess I'm humbled in my widsom, huh B? lol

Now I guess this guy really needs to toss his gay crank out the window now.

Did he say its better than sex to sit in a garage and put shit together?
Well I guess it depends on who you have sex with. Beer+paperbag=good times for the poor greasemonkey

whats wrong with the original B20 crank???

People are always trying to get that higher rs ratio like the b16 has, but your losing displacement on it also, if i am not mistaken doesn't this make the b20 into a high 1.8 liter with b16 like revving...??

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 2 2004, 10:00 PM

you are correct.

Back