wooohooo! we struck oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that, coupled with hybrid technology could really help

we now produce roughly 40% of the oil we use, 150% of that is 60%.

If everyone in America went Hybrid we'd cut oil consumption by about 30%, burning the candle at both ends like that would kill oil prices

god i hate some of the shit our country does.
The news sent oil prices lower, with U.S. light crude for October delivery sinking 69 cents to $68.50 on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

our market is so volatile and comprised of bullshit, that the price of oil goes down purely based on the discovery of shit that we can't actually pump into our cars for several years. it's a bullshit market and economy where we fluctuate all our revenue off of "if's and possibilities".

everyday we hear something like, "the market dropped because of the POSSIBILITY of unemployment rising". or some shit like that. why not wait for something to actually happen before we start getting worried about that. if i acted on every "possibility or potential" my life would be even shittier than it already is.

it doesn't help we replaced one dipshit with another loud mouth dumb shit. bernanke is a fucking tard kart. every time he has lunch he has to say something stupid like, "the market could take a downturn because korea might do testing." so what happens, the market takes a shit. shut your fucking mouth until something actually happens. EVERY time bernake says something, the market dumps. stop fucking our market because of speculation and wait for shit to actually happen.

sorry. major market rant.:angry2:

Last edited:
Nick: You hate the markets, but you have to understand them. Markets are there not to make gasoline cheap, but to increase the economy of the entire nation. Markets work the way they work for a very particular reason.

That said, you're right - the average lemming joe-schmoe, American or not, should not be allowed to invest in something that he doesn't understand. I blame this not on the marketting of the oil futures markets to idiots, but to the weapons-grade assholes that raise those very assholes that don't care to learn anything before making a ton of cash.

Lazy breeds stupidity.

Ok, I'll hold my Halliburton stock a little longer. I knew we were going to make a deep sea breakthrough sometime soon.

I don't hate the market. i was mis-interpreted. I hate the "volatility" behind "speculation". i don't want our market to drop because we find oil or benjamin bernanke saying there "may be a change in this or that". i want to see our market change based on shit that actually happens. hey, unemployment is at a 10 year low, ok change. hey, we just increased our oil refinery production to output 200,000,000 barrells a day. i want the market to change because of real shit, not the possibility of something happen. trust me, i follow the market every day, it's what i do. haha, i'm allowed to vent about this. plus i pay taxes and have gone to war. so there is more i can speak about.

i for one am glad america has a market system... without it our business economy would never have reached the place it did during the mid 90's and would never have bounced back since sep11th the way that it has...

Nice that we found more oil, I hope this doesn't stop the quest for alternative fuels

There isn't enough oil available there to solve our issues, only buy us a little more time at current oil prices.

*Hint to the American Government* Get The Oil In Alaska!!... there's plenty... and no, my tree hugging friends, you will not disturbe the south easter alaskan praire dog's migration patters with a few pipelines...

Hmm... I don't have the write up infront of me, but I've seen a few presentations on the drilling in ANWR. I'd like to personally, but the story is still compelling none the less.

But...I love the tC's 31.5mpg the last three consecutive gas tanks.

There isn't enough oil available there to solve our issues, only buy us a little more time at current oil prices.

Actually- there's plenty out there, but nobody wants to go after it. We also have a ton in older wells in the southern US oil fields, but nobody wants to drill through the concrete that they used to seal them up back in the oil boom.

Hmm... I don't have the write up infront of me, but I've seen a few presentations on the drilling in ANWR. I'd like to personally, but the story is still compelling none the less.

But...I love the tC's 31.5mpg the last three consecutive gas tanks.

Wow- I thought the tC got much worse gas mileage?

This news will save Ford and GM for another few weeks.

Back