woops, i bought another one (90 CRX Si)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol yeah, since december '08. ;)

really? lol. where have i been?

car sounds like an awsome deal! haha. i cruise CL every day at lunch time, i wish i would have found it first!

really? lol. where have i been?

car sounds like an awsome deal! haha. i cruise CL every day at lunch time, i wish i would have found it first!

i'm glad you didn't, i just happened to snag it. i know i got lucky...we should meet up sometime so you can see it in person. i'll be taking pics this weekend after i get it home (it's been sitting at the mechanics while i wait for a paycheck). :D

i'm glad you didn't, i just happened to snag it. i know i got lucky...we should meet up sometime so you can see it in person. i'll be taking pics this weekend after i get it home (it's been sitting at the mechanics while i wait for a paycheck). :D

haha, i feel your pain..pics with your CRX and my Speed 3 and some scenery would turn out pretty nice :) i'm down to meet up sometime.. i'd have to drag the wife along, because i dont have a lisense >.< unless you want to pick me up at the house, haha

Last edited:
haha, i feel your pain..pics with your CRX and my Speed 3 and some scenery would turn out pretty nice :) i'm down to meet up sometime.. i'd have to drag the wife along, because i dont have a lisense >.< unless you want to pick me up at the house, haha

we could make a Speed 3 sammich with my two CRX - but not til i sort out replacement door pillar trim (still missing two driver side, someone help!).

Three thumbs up! :thumbsup:

And you suck for finding such a vehicle at that price. :FINGER:

Grattages!

:blush: yeah....well i've been coveting your new white one and all of the work you've been doing on it. this one is rough in patches, but i'm happy that the important bits seem to be in good working order. we'll see once i've driven it farther than 5 miles :p

what parts are you needing dacheat?
put up a list and i will keep my eye out around here.

what parts are you needing dacheat? put up a list and i will keep my eye out around here.

will do - probably have a solid list by the end of the weekend, and pictures too! this one is a work in progress on the body/interior/cosmetics but soooo fun to drive.

i just got it home last night - and i already have a story to tell. before i tell it - remember that i've only seen this car at night for 10 minutes while i was buying it and getting it towed, and then drove it for 5 minutes last week to make sure the engine was right.

i was driving it home last night and i took a left turn into the left-most lane on a green arrow at a pretty good pace (like 25mph) and it was definitely aggressive (but could have been a little more, i'm sure).

so mid-turn (like at the most extreme torsion point) i hear a super fucking loud metallic *POP* come from somewhere on the passenger side between door and quarter panel. from the sound you would expect a bullet hole or something - it was damn loud.

no change in driveability, nothing laying in the road, just a single, loud event. my friend who was following me at about 100ft in an old '64 corvair rampside (not a quiet ride) said she heard it too and figured i had kissed the curb and hit a metal sign (sun was in her eyes so she didn't see that, just heard the sound and made up a story for what might have caused it). it was already sunset and by the time i got home it was dark...

..so when i go to start looking for root cause today and tomorrow, what do you guys think i'll find? :D

my first guess is i popped a spot weld on the quarter panel, indicating some rust or weakness i gotta assess. :shrug2:

Last edited:
oo, that doesnt sound good... you should bring it by the house sometime this weekend.. the wife works all day today and tomorrow and i'm going to be bored as hell

oo, that doesnt sound good... you should bring it by the house sometime this weekend.. the wife works all day today and tomorrow and i'm going to be bored as hell

you're on - would love someone else to help me go over this car. when's good for you? :) I'll PM you my info so we can meet up.

had a good time today! thanks for dragging me around! the new crx definitely has some work ahead of it, but overall a very solid car!seeing your crx's really made me miss my past honda's.. i might even start doing some research on some of the things on the list we came up with earlier :)

i think we need to pull the engine, clean the shit out of the engine and engine bay.. and properly wire that thing up :D

had a good time today! thanks for dragging me around! the new crx definitely has some work ahead of it, but overall a very solid car!seeing your crx's really made me miss my past honda's.. i might even start doing some research on some of the things on the list we came up with earlier :)

i think we need to pull the engine, clean the shit out of the engine and engine bay.. and properly wire that thing up :D

i had fun too - thanks for humoring me as i purposefully sought out every bump and pothole in town to make sure no parts were just waiting to fall off :D

i'm a fan of reworking that engine bay - if i line it up right it can be pulled, prepped for paint, painted, and then you can show me how that shit *should* go in there (other than with 500 zip ties).

pics tomorrow, for any interested parties. didn't have my camera charged today or very good light.

i had fun too - thanks for humoring me as i purposefully sought out every bump and pothole in town to make sure no parts were just waiting to fall off :D

i'm a fan of reworking that engine bay - if i line it up right it can be pulled, prepped for paint, painted, and then you can show me how that shit *should* go in there (other than with 500 zip ties).

pics tomorrow, for any interested parties. didn't have my camera charged today or very good light.

no problems.. you didnt have to seek the worst one though.. it kinda found us.. thats the one that started that squeeking sound, that i forgot to take a peak at.. squeeked so much it sounded like the mouse version of Ron Jeremy rofl

lighting in the garage has been on my to do list for quite some time now.. maybe i'll actually get around to it sometime soon... right after i paint the garage and epoxy the ground, haha.

previous owner was zip-tie happy, haha. i'm not entirely convinced that your Vtec was kicking in either, though. wasnt really paying attention to how high you were revving it though.

Last edited:
Wow, more people from Tucson. I'm Pantano and Irvington.

I had been watching that CL ad for a while. I had even sent the link to someone in PHX who was looking for a CRX. I was a bit leery about the "no A/C, no radio" and (in my mind) pictured the heater and A/C mixers and assemblies completely removed. But that's just me being really pessimistic.

As another member already mentioned, the price was cheaper than the engine/trans ECU combo alone. Great buy!

hi :) yeah the center console is just empty, i'll need to pick up a control unit and then see what the AC needs to work (i'm sure it'll be spendy, lol). i figured there was no AC in the bay, that's how pessimistic i was - but happily surprised to find it in there. the price was good enough i figured i can find the rest of the missing puzzle pieces over time.

update

it's becoming a little bit more clear as to why this car was such a deal, though i do still think it's a deal...because it was what i wanted (nod to the quote in my sig).

• the rear main seal is probably fukt, causing the soggy bottom end
  • the transmission oil was 2+qts low and the car fell out of 3rd and 4th gear randomly (hoping the oil added to the trans will solve that, so far hasn't repeated since adding it)
  • the engine oil was 1+ qts overfilled (all better now, but wtf)
  • the left front axle is bootless/fukt
  • the radiator leaks (but not terribly, yet)
  • the vtec isn't wired
  • the wiring job in the bay and cabin is shite on the whole
  • the reverse lights don't work (wiring, i'm guessing)
  • the left sidemarker doesn't work (wiring or bulb...right one works fine)
  • the horn doesn't work (wiring, i'm guessing)
  • the sunroof doesn't work (wiring, i'm guessing)
  • there's a 200 milliamp draw on the battery i've got to chase down
  • the air intake is electrical-taped together

all fixable, all takes time and money. i've got one and need to learn how to save the other ;)

Last edited:
  • the transmission oil was 2+qts low and the car fell out of 3rd and 4th gear randomly (hoping the oil added to the trans will solve that, so far hasn't repeated since adding it)

im going to go ahead and claim responsibility for that. lol.

congrats though, i'll take a look at the link in your sig and keep an eye out around here.

[/LIST]
im going to go ahead and claim responsibility for that. lol.
congrats though, i'll take a look at the link in your sig and keep an eye out around here.

you can - i wanted to rep you when i read your post in jeffie's thread, but i have to spread it before i can. my mechanic checked the trans oil on monday after i showed him how nasty the bottom end was - the trans drain bolt wasn't even tight and no fluid came out when he removed it, so he filled it. then i saw your post a few days later and yeah, i'm hoping that you're right and it was the low fluid causing the issue. :eek:

it was the issue with mine.
the most annoying fucking thing is 5th gear on a si tranny.
whats worse than that, was being unable to use 5th gear because it would spit it out everytime.
try doing 45mph in 4th using an si tranny. i believe i had open headers at the time too (not voluntarily).

the problem with my tranny was this: i bought the swap from tigerjapanese, it sat for over a month in my garage (30 days is the only warranty you get) the transmission had tiny hairline cracks all over the cover. the oil seeped out constantly.
i put some thick 80w90 in that bitch. then sold it.

but, every time i put more oil in it, it shifted perfectly.

Bottom line you got a rex with a nice body and a good engine for a great price. I am so jealous. Something like that would go for 3k around here.

Back