words cannot describe the awesome

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

of corse scotch is better then beer, what's that got to do with anything?

First, the question was, is scotch better than bourbon. Second, it was just for my own curiosity since Ive never tried scotch. lol.

that is something that has to be 100% determined by you (the taster)

while you could make an argument for a top shelf scotch or bourbon tasting better than one that comes in a plastic jug, comparing two different types of liquor (while scotch and bourbon are similar) simply doesnt work

that's like asking if cashews are better than almonds... its not a valid question as everyone's taste is different... and while one might kick the shit out of the other to one person... the other might be better to another person... all while another person likes them both about evenly... and finally there will be someone who emphatically believes that both suck ass....

for instance, i am a vodka drinker... i love vodka... i like top shelf vodkas, and yes i can tell the difference (ive had people try to test me)... i think gin tastes like month old gym socks that someone used to wipe their ass... if i am going to have a martini, i want it made with a top shelf vodka...i know people who love gin and would rather drink lighter fluid than vodka regardless of shelf... basically it all comes down to personal taste

I know all this. But, if one or even two ppl come back and say its not bad, then Ill go out and buy a bottle. If one or two ppl say its nasty Ill wait for a friend to buy it, then take a sip. This way if I dont like it, I didnt waste the money. Case in point, Gin. four out of five ppl I drink with said it tasted like shit, so I waited for the fifth person to buy a bottle. I took a sip and thought I had a mouth full of pin needles. In that case majority said no, they were right. Even though this isnt a scotch vs. bourbon thread, I was lookin for a quick opinion. But, like I said, I already kno it ultimately comes down to personal prefference.

[/comparison]

this is what bars are good for :)

when i see a $40+ bottle of vodka at the liquor store i am usually skeptical and concerned about plunking down $40+ on a bottle that to me might taste like shit... so i will generally try to find that bottle at a bar and plunk down the $5-9 for a drink instead and make the decision from there :)

lol no way...i like smirnoff and shit that tastes good.i dont care if it gets ya drunk as long as it taste good,,oh an yager FTW
Wow that's kind of gay. And don't ever knock the Banquet Beer (Coors Original). But I agree with the Jager. Frankly I love vodka, any whiskey, and tequila. Gin is OK but does taste like a pine tree. Rum is drinkable when there is nothing else. Just not a fan. And my best friends are Columbian and Puerto Rican, there is always rum around.

i can down some 151 if that helps any??
i was cocked one night and was just pouring jager and 151 into a half bottle of green apple smirnoff,,it was good and got me even more drunk

151 doesn't even taste like rum. I enjoy 151 and coke.

I remember on Memoral Day weekend like 2 years ago I woke up drunk and started drinkin again. By about noon I had like 8 Busch tallies and I took fairly large swig off of some Bacardi 151. I was drunk enough, and pretty high, at that point that I couldnt really taste the 151. Ive never been that drunk, ever. Not even since then. That was a good day. lol.

Welcome to every weekend in college.

My roommate's family owns a grocery store and sells kegs. They have like 7X different bottle beers and 30 different kegs. Its a candy store.

Shithoused? Bamboozled?
Ok, I don't know where Bamboozled came from, but its there.
I love drinking. Yes, I'm only 18. I don't care. I'm in college, I have an excuse haha.
Back on topic, I like any sort of beer really, I just cant stand the flavored shit that gives me a stomach ache before it gets me drunk. Nasty.

Back