work passwords

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

password_strength.png

:repost:

I haven't changed my password in 6 years... I guess that's what smart card and certificates are for?

:repost:

I haven't changed my password in 6 years... I guess that's what smart card and certificates are for?

That's cool, until you have to walk around with three tokens, two badges, memorize a dozen safe combos, half a dozen room PINs (badge + PIN), and then try to remember to change your F(*&^**& blackberry password every 90 days. :(

Then I think there are about a dozen or so integrated system user/pass combos I have to remember too. :(

i could never have some of your jobs.
jesus, i do well just remembering some people, not their names, just remembering them.

i cant remember names.

i'd be locked out of all systems at all times. lol.

It's actually a good thing that people are required to wear ID badges at all times, otherwise I'd be unable to remember names at all.

haven't read through the entire thread, but I use an App on my phone, Keeper which stores some of the UN's/PW's that I don't use often (e.g. car loan login). Its encrypted and you just need to set one passcode to enter into the catalog. Check it out.

haven't read through the entire thread, but I use an App on my phone, Keeper which stores some of the UN's/PW's that I don't use often (e.g. car loan login). Its encrypted and you just need to set one passcode to enter into the catalog. Check it out.

yeah, until that system gets hacked. bookmarkit already was. so were the others. so now they have all your passwords. and user name. and real name.

Maybe not the best idea in the world, but I keep all my work passwords in reminder form on my phone:

System X:
Username Bubba1234
Pass: r1

VZ System Y:
Username mister29386
Pass: y6

I've got like 12 of them. That one letter and number is enough of a reminder for me, and IT is miraculously ok with it.

Back