Work, What do you do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

And one my buddy's worked for the city of bellevue as an electrician doing independent non-union electrical work. I'd be damned if he made a penny less than prevailing wage as its a highly skilled job.

I garuntee you he didn't make less. Washington state changed there laws recently and we can't pay any less. It's worked out well though because we've used it to justify new positins and cut our contracted services bc with benefits the wages work out close to the same without the communication headaches

Yes! Right across from KPMG. LOL, wow, what a small world.... I'm in the building across Middlefield from KPMG. They used to be VeriSign buildings with the nice fountain out front.

Nice, you got 15% off. When we were just VeriSign (same location) we would pretend to be SYMC employees.

We always commented about that fountain and how nice it is. :)

She used to live two blocks from the KPMG office, so I spent alot of time in that area every time I visited.

I garuntee you he didn't make less. Washington state changed there laws recently and we can't pay any less. It's worked out well though because we've used it to justify new positins and cut our contracted services bc with benefits the wages work out close to the same without the communication headaches

Exactly, on my last prevailing wage job it went like 27.00 hr for wage and 10.00 in lieu of city benefits.

Well double post time.

Just got a new job. Got the tender today, pending background check I start monday.

Corporate world here I come. Large large NW corporation known world wide.

Last edited:
Well double post time.

Just got a new job. Got the tender today, pending background check I start monday.

Corporate world here I come. Large large NW corporation known world wide peeeeeps.

you got a job with Just Born Candies????
Home

lol

I'm just an aircraft mech...

but last year I came about a half hour's work from breaking 120K's.... $34.29 now, and in a week or so +4%... $35.66 for the new raise... (but I should be getting that damn promotion soon... into the $42 an hour/range raise....)

445stripper%20pole%20peeps.jpg

Well double post time.

Corporate world here I come. Large large NW corporation known world wide.
wouldnt have anything to do with that software we were talkin about the other day would it?

I do enjoy how everyone's job title, to the outside world, demands respect and commands attention. Internally, the title is probably synonomous with "still someone else's bitch."
I'll forever be employed yet constantly looking for a new job. Every day, I become someone elses bit... But i wouldn't trade it for the world!

It's true. I am 1/3rd owner of the company, of course I'm on the bottom rung of that ladder.

Everyone thinks since I own my own company, have nice tools/equipment that I'm just loaded, raking in the money. Heck, little johnny's baseball team has my company name/logo on it. I must be making the big bucks!:no1:

Last edited:
wouldnt have anything to do with that software we were talkin about the other day would it?

I wish it did, but it doesn't. Getting employed there is very tough. Maybe after I get my mba. This corp is from WA as well, and will be putting me back to school in a couple years, or so I hope.

Some people here do some pretty nifty stuff.

I operate these everyday PaR Systems : Drilling and Trimming Systems-Aerospace on aircraft structures and soon to be the operator of some sort of articulating arm on a track when it's done being built. Also a mechanic on said parts during machine's down time.

Been at this company for almost 2.5 years, I make minimal pay(not an understatement), and I've trained multiple people hired off the street that make > 2x what I do. I'm renown among the engineers as the better operator, thus chosen to be the first to touch new programs, yet I get paid shit. They pay 100% of my tuition and about 70% of my books, otherwise I'd be long gone. I am a total bitch, regardless of any job title, but I'm extremely lucky to have landed the opportunity to do this stuff. Regardless of pay, it looks good on a resume.

Just got my results from the feds for a customs and border protection officer test I took a few months back. Would be extremely happy to get an offer from them soon.

I wish it did, but it doesn't. Getting employed there is very tough. Maybe after I get my mba. This corp is from WA as well, and will be putting me back to school in a couple years, or so I hope.

alright I'm gonna go with the guy that screwed us out of our nba team then

It's whatever a city/state/etc define as trade work, and they have a set scale for what they pay. No one gets paid more, nor less.

Example
I did some concrete for a project that was for the city of seattle recently. I made $37.00/hr for journeyman carpenter rate. The Laborers get $18.00.

A good friend and old roommate was a welder for a big contractor in town (CA) and he made $12 more an hour when he built rails for a handicap access at an elementary school.....but our conversations and his one example is my only source.

Back