worked F22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here's the deal. i have a 92 accord. stock F22 with a cold air intake. i am really pleased with the additional hp the intake gave me, but i want more. i iknow i could go all out and do an H22 swap, but i have a family to provide for, thus a VERY tight budget. i want to hit 300hp with my F22. is that possible. more importantly, what would i have to do in order to reach that goal. somebody please help me.

well the h swap would be cheaper than getting 300hp out of the f22, unless you spray the hell out of it.

not true. the h22 puts down 170ish depending on dynos etc stock to the wheels.

you can build a good turbo kit for under 2500 bucks (the cost of the h22 complete swap shipped) and easily get 260whp and desimate an h22 with simple boltons and even some poweradders for that matter all the while keeping the f22.

i have an h22 and love it but im an all motor guy and thats what the h22 favors most. f22's are good for boost because of the low compression and the iron sleeves. the will also accept forged internals which the h22 will not

I turbo'd my F22 for about 1200. I used a small turbo and still made about 200whp, 250wtq. With a large turbo, I've seen stock block F22's making 300. Prolly 2K or so and it can be done on the stock motor.

Back