working on a new article

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's nice to have an up-to-date layout to point people towards. Though you didn't mention in in the first part, do you plan to mention EGT? Obviously this isn't needed if you are tuning on a brake dyno, but your audience might not ever have their Honda see a dyno (which is why telling them about Uberdata would be a bad idea).

few typos in the WOT area of your article that might throw noobs off, corrections should be made to avoit confusion. I wouldint even bother saying anything if itwere not for that fact i think the typos are of the (New word) confoogling sort.

Also maybe when your done give it a once or twice over for redundancy, Its hard enough to trying to get a FI noob to understand Whats what let alone any tech stuff.

Ovrer all its a great read, basic and to the point, i think its perfect for all the FI noobs out there. Its really like breaking all the very BASIC yet very TECHNICAL FI stuff down for some one to undetstand.

word- i know theres typos... i was basically writing to it while i had down time at work... kind of a 2nd thing on the mind deal. I plan to go through and edit it for read-ability/content/etc after.

I was planning to add egt and mroe about widebands in the enxt section that will deal more with tuning of the system.

good reference post for the afc ignition- i'll link that up too.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Nov 18 2004, 11:03 PM
I learned a lot from that. From a noob standpoint its great!
[post=419044]Quoted post[/post]​

Told ya sol :p Good work fool

Maybe try and explain why an FMU sucks compared to ECU tuning. Not just why tuning threw the ECU is good. I know when i tell noobs stuff i stress that mechanical management is junk and could never be as precise as something electronic IE tuning ECU directly.

And maybe go threw some of the differences between a factory turbo car VS on you would build and put together. Such as venting directly to the atmosphere vs the shit being rerouted back to the exhaust.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 19 2004, 08:33 AM
i would, but wastegate routing has nothing to do with EFI.
[post=419092]Quoted post[/post]​

I think he got mixed up referring to the loss of accounted for air in heated-wire EFI systems (not Honda). It still wouldn't account for much with ECU tuning, I can't think of an AEM feature off the top of my head that would help that, you would just shift rich (and get that JDM/2f2f exhaust flame).

Back