Working out....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i worked 56 hours this week and added 5 hours in commuting. i haven't been home long enough to barely eat and get some rest. this was a wasted week and i'm livid about it. since i'm playing football, i can't afford a wasted day. blah

Holy crap, Nick. I thought my week was hard and tiring. Wow. I've gotten pissed on the drive home, even though I am feeling like crap then. I have no clue what the heck is wrong with me, but that has yet to keep me out of the gym. I'll at least get through my cardio and then accomplish part of my routine before I REALLY start feeling like shit.

By the way, wasted days SUCK ASS!

Holy crap, Nick. I thought my week was hard and tiring. Wow. I've gotten pissed on the drive home, even though I am feeling like crap then. I have no clue what the heck is wrong with me, but that has yet to keep me out of the gym. I'll at least get through my cardio and then accomplish part of my routine before I REALLY start feeling like shit.

By the way, wasted days SUCK ASS!
well, whatever is wrong with you is wrong with my gf too. she has been too tired to do anything for about the last 5 days. celibacy sucks.

I have a slight idea of what may be wrong with me, but it's not going to keep me from trying though. It just sucks royal ass when I get to the gym and feel like total shit half way through my work out, then end up having to leave.

What's wrong with your girl?

I have a slight idea of what may be wrong with me, but it's not going to keep me from trying though. It just sucks royal ass when I get to the gym and feel like total shit half way through my work out, then end up having to leave.

What's wrong with your girl?
she's been too tired lately also. she's been having shitty workouts too. i'm trying to implement some late night cardio, but she's been tired. lame.

I start out with cardio and do not skimp on it. It's sad, but that's been the most consistant part of my work outs as of late. Thirty to forty five minutes of cardio never had a huge impact on my work outs afterwards, but nowadays, eh, who knows. I'm somewhat happy that I can at least complete the cardio without feeling like shit, but still hate it that I'm not able to finish my damn work out at times. It's really freakin' aggravating.

normally you are supposed to lift before cardio. thats why i lift before i play basketball.

i can run for miles, but i'm using basketball to improve my backpedal, lateral movement, and explosiveness.

try drinking some gatorade or another sport drink. stay away from energy drinks though. also, try and up your carbs and protein a little bit. brown rice, beans, and chicken are a good source. it will help your energy levels.

Believe me, I have heard many debates about lifting before or after cardio since I started working out. It has always worked out for me to do it before hand and I have never had a problem...until now.

I try to stay away from most sports drinks because of the stupid high fructose corn syrup, or sugar it has. Heck, I stay away from sugar all together. Energy drinks have never been my thing. Upping my carbs is something I have been doing. By the way, have you been snooping around my pantry or something? haha I'm staring at brown rice, black beans right now and have plenty of chicken breast and fish in the freezer. :D

I knew about the electrolytes and hydration factor before, but thank you for that link. It was QUITE informative. It's nice to know things like that so that I can actually learn new things and use them to my advantage while working out.

Thanks again. Rep point for you and a VERY informative article. :thumbsup:

Do as I do, drink one a 5 hour energy drink and tae 2 stacker 2s in the morning. That usually gets me through the day, I've put in 63 hours this week and still have to work tomorrow but at least I'm not tired =P

well, i can share info that i know, and i can share what i read. i just read that today, so i knew where it was.

how is the weight loss coming along?

Do as I do, drink one a 5 hour energy drink and tae 2 stacker 2s in the morning. That usually gets me through the day, I've put in 63 hours this week and still have to work tomorrow but at least I'm not tired =P
you're 19. try doing that when you are 30 and your heart will explode. that just isn't right. that much caffeine is horrible for your system. i bet your heart gets to racing like a lab rat. you probably don't eat much either.

no, I eat maybe once a day and I'm still a little chubby, wtf...damn caffeine

[/quote]

ONCE A DAY?!!?!?!?!?!? :wtf: DUDE! Your metabolism is DEAD! It's practically non-existent! By just skipping breakfast, your metabolism dips 5%. It may not seem like a lot, but most people can't recover from that. Eat five to six small meals a day. Ay yay yay!

lol for that you require food and I'm too lazy to go shopping, plus I'm saving up for another car. Why spend money on food when it can go towards a car?
I dont know if thats dedication or stupidity.....

Believe me, I have heard many debates about lifting before or after cardio since I started working out. It has always worked out for me to do it before hand and I have never had a problem...until now.

YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER LIFT AFTER CARDIO. Your glycogen levels are shot after stagnant cardio and lfting with low glycogen levels will result in a poor workout and bad numbers. It may feel fine to you, but that means you're not working out hard enough, and you need to up your intensity level.

lol for that you require food and I'm too lazy to go shopping, plus I'm saving up for another car. Why spend money on food when it can go towards a car?
I dont know if thats dedication or stupidity.....

My friend, I like you, therefore, I won't subject you to what just crossed my mind and leave your question unanswered. haha

YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER LIFT AFTER CARDIO. Your glycogen levels are shot after stagnant cardio and lfting with low glycogen levels will result in a poor workout and bad numbers. It may feel fine to you, but that means you're not working out hard enough, and you need to up your intensity level.

Bad numbers? Over the years, I have done my cardio mostly before my work out and sometimes afterwards. It's never felt different and when I had a trainer, he would have me do some before and some after. Heck, I remember when the man was making me gain size...wooooooo, those were some intense workouts which I often did after my cardio. You are right about glycogen levels being lower after cardio though. I actually lifted first today and eh, may change it up from now on. I'm due for a new routine on Monday as I try not to stay on the same routine for more than six weeks at most. It gets old and stagnant. Thank you for your input. :D

It all depends on your goals.

If you're trying to pack on muscle, then cardio should not come directly before lifting. Ideally, lifting and cardio should be done on separate days or broken into two different sessions in the day. If you can't pull sessions like that off, your goal should be to lift, refuel (simple carbs and protein packed food) and then cardio.

If you're training for endurance and not growth, then lift and do cardio whenever you desire.

A great deal of the information in this thread is based off of illogical arguments or hearsay. I'll try not to poke my nose in here other then to back some of Jordan's thoughts up when there needs to be some clarification.

Back