1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Workout Suppliments - Expired??? Should I take it??

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Cashizslick, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Sup y'all.

I just got a HUGE jug of Pro Complex Protien Powder from my friend. It is completely unopened, but it expired back in June of 2005 :lol:

Is it dangerous for me to take this stuff? Its just protien powder/sugar/other crap . . .

2. MoSeS

MoSeS New Member

ummmm, probably. its there for a reason.

3. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i don't think it will be dangerous, but it prob won't give you 100% results either

4. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

I dont see it being a danger. My friend gave me some Protein mix stuff that was a lil expired, still worked fine for me.

5. Cashizslick

I dont think Powder expires - its pry just on there so if anyting happens to you they are not liable.

6. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

You can use it.

Many of us buy expired protein bars by the boxes off of ebay because its so much cheaper.

Creatine breaks down and has a short halflife, protein powder/weight gainer should be fine even after the expiration.

7. Cashizslick

I have heard that about creatine . . should pry check to see if this stuff has it (i dont think so).

I am just worried about getting sick - ill try this stuff and see what happends after a few weeks.

8. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

You'll be fine.

I used to use 10lb of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey protein. They would last me quite awhile if I was sick or anything happened to me where I broke my routine. Those bags sat on shelves for awhile before then.

Right now, my 5lb tub of whey powder has been opened since the beginning of the school year here. You won't get food poisoning or diseased, the biggest risk that you run is that the powder already broke down and isn't as effective as it was originally.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted