Workout update

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 21 2004, 08:25 PM
8% body fat at 6'5", and that was from football.

Holy shit. On a 6'5" Frame, you must be HUGE!

Pictures! Where are the pictures!

On another note, most football players at my school sware by being fat and strong then light and strong. I think its funny when my buddies are weighing like 210lbs or so and I'm 155 lbs, putting up damn near the same weight. They think doing creatine, lifting every single day doing power lifts, and using protein 5x a day is going to get them fucking hulk hogan.

But then again, we got first in our district last year....So they have to be doing something right.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 21 2004, 11:25 PM

Study how professional bodybuilders gain mass. It's exactly what the mass monsters do. You gain the mass a lot quicker and it's actually easier to diet it back down from 12% to 8%. My senior year I was 280lbs. 8% body fat at 6'5", and that was from football. I stopped lifting for a few years after school and when I started back up it was after studying what the pro's did. I started out with a few easy months to get back into shape then I went from 235lbs. to 276lbs. in about four months and never went above 12% body fat. It's about the kind of calories you take in and how you lift. You need to take in more than your body needs to build mass, you just up the amount of cardio you do in the process. I've also had several college level fitness and weight training classes...in fact, I'm maxed out on them. :D

I agreed with you the first time, I just meant that overkill on eating would lead to chubbiness. Of course you could work out doing more cardio to burn the extra calories.

I agree 100%, which is why I said that is what I'm doing. I eat a lot. I'm lifting weights. I'm doing a ton of cardio. I'll never be 6'5" tall, and I don't mind being 200-220 lbs, since that's a very healthy weight for my height. My belly is the last thing to go. I've watched my face, arms, legs, butt, everything getting thinner. Even my belly has gotten a little smaller lately. The six pack is coming, but I have to work for it. The machine said that I burned 473 calories in 30 minutes tonight.

I've had the privelege to work with two title holding lifters. One little badass asian I worked with flew to Australia for lifting competitions and won several years running. He was thin, but built. A guy I still work with, and work out with, has several titles, and within the last year benched over 600 lbs. He is a large man, but only about 5'10", ~250 lbs. A mass monster isn't always the strongest guy. My point here is that I'm not trying to build horse pectorals, or show off. I want to be in shape, for myself, and enjoy life. I think I can do that without trying to get big.

Back