World Cup Headbutt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
I'm not a big soccer watcher at all but I happen to be watching the finals.

Who saw the headbutt? Zidane from France dropped an Italian with a vicious shot to the chest. Thus recieving a red card in his final professional game ever. And in my book receiving the award for one of the most badass plays in sports.
http://http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5774066

i've seen the videos...
it wasn't that bad... players are good actors...
he should have gotten a yellow card

fuck that he knocked the shit out of that dood

Same as an intentional bean ball, a full on tackle after a play is cleary over, same as throwing a punch in the NBA.

He got edjected and should have been fined by FIFA just to make an example to him

phyregod said:

Probably used a small calibar hand gun or somthing of effect. Kid i went to highschool with used a .22 rife put it under his chin, pulled the trigger and the bullet bounced off his pallet. Just had a hole just behind his jaw bone and took part of his toung off.

Silverchild79 said:
fuck that he knocked the shit out of that dood

Same as an intentional bean ball, a full on tackle after a play is cleary over, same as throwing a punch in the NBA.

He got edjected and should have been fined by FIFA just to make an example to him

right, that would be like fining michael jordan for sticking his tongue out. this zidane guy is a god in europe. won't happen. plus he retired from international play anyways.

get_nick said:
right, that would be like fining michael jordan for sticking his tongue out. this zidane guy is a god in europe. won't happen. plus he retired from international play anyways.

Are you on crack? And more importantly what the hell happened to right and wrong in this world?

Michael Jordan sticking is tounge out would be all like Zidane sticking his tounge out. A headbutt to the chest is allot like a headbutt to the fucking chest! Have you even seen the video? Sorry dude but you don't exactly sound like you understand the situation...

YouTube - Zidane sent off for head butt in match Italy - France

The ball wasn't even being contested, he should have been fined. Acts like this in Footy have started riots that have killed fans before. I lived in Europe for two years and head butts like these and far more common then sucker punches in starting fights in bars. That's just how they roll, in plain english this was a "sucker punch" by intent

Last edited:
haha youre trying to defend the French guy, good luck with that.

Michael Jordan sticking out his tongue is the same as a cheap headbutt?? okk.. because Michael Jordan beat people with his tongue and everything...

Seany-izzle said:
haha youre trying to defend the French guy, good luck with that.

Michael Jordan sticking out his tongue is the same as a cheap headbutt?? okk.. because Michael Jordan beat people with his tongue and everything...
I think the point is that this guy is a major star all over Europe. After the fact he won the Golden Ball. But for the record he also cost his team a World Cup in his last year of competition. Either way, that was a bad ass headbutt.

phyregod said:
Did you hear that the main official blew his own head off after the game?

I think main offical maybe a little misleading, it was the Berlin city government's World Cup co-ordinator.

And tounge = headbutt, come on. . .

Seany-izzle said:
Either way, he went out like a chump. You dont do that, no PROFESSIONAL athlete does that. Sore loser.
:werd: They wern't even losing at that point tho, they were tied. I don't understand why he would jepordize his team's chance at winning (and he did, they lost) just so he could head-butt some guy that made a cheaky remark.

ok, so the tongue analogy was the best thing i could come up with at the time. sorry about that. but regardless, he's a god in the worlds biggest sport. I'm still surprised he didnt' get a yellow card instead.

dude...Zidane's headbutt was obviously blatant...he deserved what he got...im just glad the side official saw what happened...the middle official was on the other side of the field...where the ball was...when this happened...

and the fucked up thing was...after that...for the rest of the game...if Italy got the ball...the fans were booing Italy...they should have been booing France...cuz you dont just headbutt someone...especially over arguing...

Zidane got pissed at him because he was being aggressive on the play before...tugging on Zidane's jersey...but thats the sport...i play soccer...and thats how we do...he just needed to get over it and move on...but instead he made a stupid decision to headbutt the guy...what a way to end your career right...

get_nick said:
ok, so the tongue analogy was the best thing i could come up with at the time. sorry about that. but regardless, he's a god in the worlds biggest sport. I'm still surprised he didnt' get a yellow card instead.

i dont see where you see a yellow card being given for this...especially in a world cup where red cards were given for less than that headbutt...this world cup was full of cards that should not have been given...but either way...even in a fair world cup...that red card was deserved...yellow cards are given as warnings for tackles and such...not for blatant punches or headbutts in this case...you start a fight...you get a red card...simple as that...

97AccorDEx said:
i dont see where you see a yellow card being given for this...especially in a world cup where red cards were given for less than that headbutt...this world cup was full of cards that should not have been given...but either way...even in a fair world cup...that red card was deserved...yellow cards are given as warnings for tackles and such...not for blatant punches or headbutts in this case...you start a fight...you get a red card...simple as that...

granted. it was a stupid, stupid play by one of the worlds best. do that shit against somalia or istanbul. dont' do it against italy in overtime with a tie score. what an asshat. he screwed the pooch big time on that one.

Back