Worlds best Digital picture

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FFCiv

Dutch research institute TNO has unveiled what it believes is the largest digital photograph in the world. The image contains 2.5 gigapixels or 7.5 gigabyte worth of data. It is composed of 600 single images shot by a computer-controlled pan-tilt unit in 7 second intervals. Afterwards, all photos where stiched together using the capacity of 5 high-end pc's in about 24 hours time. If it looks blurry when you zoom in, wait for it to load.

http://www.tpd.tno.nl/Pics/DII/gigazoom/Delft2.htm

looks like a video game when its all zoomed out

gotta be somewhere in europe, lots of saabs and vw's ;)

would bemore impressive if the picture was taken as 1 picture and not 600 of them. i could take 4000 pictures with my camera and stick them together and make an even bigger picture. just doesnt impress me.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 21 2004, 12:23 AM
would bemore impressive if the picture was taken as 1 picture and not 600 of them. i could take 4000 pictures with my camera and stick them together and make an even bigger picture. just doesnt impress me.
[post=419931]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I see lots of people. There's a guy about to get hit by a fork lift. Theres a chick on a bike and a PT Crusier!

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 21 2004, 05:23 AM

but all those pictures would not even compare to the details that is offered in these...

Originally posted by spectacle+Nov 21 2004, 02:18 AM-->
@Nov 21 2004, 05:23 AM

but all those pictures would not even compare to the details that is offered in these...
[post=419951]Quoted post[/post]​

Sexy!

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Nov 21 2004, 01:05 AM
That's bad ass! You can even see the time on the clock on the tower
[post=419936]Quoted post[/post]​

haha 3:05 :D

You can read license plate numbers too...

Goddamn, micah's right... that just looks like a video game.

I found a glitch i think you might say...look at the bulidings on the right at the corner..right beside the bicycling sign...there is a guy...but like only shoulder up..anybody else see that?

Originally posted by spectacle+Nov 21 2004, 02:18 AM-->
@Nov 21 2004, 05:23 AM

[post=419951]Quoted post[/post]​

yes it would. there are some very powerful camera's out there, that if you were to take a whole bunch of pictures then zoom it out you can do the exact same thing as what these people did. the only problem is noone ever thought of taking pictures like that :p :D

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Nov 21 2004, 03:06 PM
LMAO!!! THERE ARE PEOPLE HAVING SEX IN ONE OF THE HOUSES!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! OWNED!!
[post=420055]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, fo real? what house?

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Nov 21 2004, 08:06 PM
LMAO!!! THERE ARE PEOPLE HAVING SEX IN ONE OF THE HOUSES!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! OWNED!!
[post=420055]Quoted post[/post]​

+1...screenshot please

nice splice job, lol.

gallery_1242_98_1101161237.jpg

Back