worst commute ever.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
omg. i JUST got to work. i'm an hour late.
i left my house at 8:15
it is now 10.

i did 30-40 most the way because 8 rigs decided it would be cool to ride along each other for miles and miles on end on a 2 lane road.

after they pulled off, there's yet another dipshit in an SUV holding up the whole line.

finally, an uphill, I make a mad dash for the slow vehicle lane. just as I crest the hill, there's 2 cops sitting 200 yards out.
fuck.
slam on the brakes, drop in behind a rig.
stuck there for about 20 more minuets.
finally am able to get back into the left lane...
and for a whopping 2 miles i am able to do the speed limit (and then some) before my exit.

mother fuckers.

i hate people. i really do.

people just cannot grasp the concept of KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS.

no, the car 1/4 mile ahead of you does not warrnat you to stay in the left fucking lane. move your child wagon the fuck over and let people who want to drive go around you.... or else i'm going around you on the right in about 3 seconds. and middle fingers will be drawn. oh yes.

/road range rant

in a car as menacing as an STi you cant get people to move over? come up on them really fast... see how quick they move after that.

works for the red mirage.

i come up on people at over 100 daily.... and they never move. ever. they sit there.

and then when you fly around them and cut them off hard, they put on their blinker and move over now that no one's behind them.
thanks, asshole.

Eh, im one of those people that drive in the left lane; when speeding only though(like +15mph over the speed limit, usually on US64). But I yea, I've been in the exact situation you were in countless times.

i don't mind if you are doing the speed limit, or even under, in the left lane... so long as there is someone in the right lane whom you are passing. And after you are done passing, you pull off to the right to be passed your self.

600cc motorcycle FTW...
pass on the right, left, either shoulder, or right down the middle, all while smacking your ass and giving them the finger

Oh no, highbeams mean nothing in CT, and the horn doesn't work because people can't hear you (They wear ipod headphones, talk on their phones, and drive heavily insulated cars). I once did Hartford to Waterbury behind a car in the fast lane in my RX-7. I had the beams flashing, horn held, swerving... Not because I was particularly in a hurry, but I had to test what it would take to get noticed.

Nothing.

Gun fire is about the only thing that works.
-> Steve

Think that's bad ? Try Shelton to Stamford every day.

Oh, my commute now is all back roads. It takes me 10 or so minutes.

Commute: Great
Job: Awesome
People at work: Kick ass
Pay : Fucking blows.

Celerity said:
Oh, my commute now is all back roads. It takes me 10 or so minutes.

Commute: Great
Pay : Fucking blows.

lol

Commute: Fucking blows
Pay : Great

:p

i'm starting wrok from home in 2 weeks :) and my office is moving to Trumble. lol

i would say get one of those scrambler things for the radar detectors or a cb and tell those truckers the get on the right side of the road. those 7' atenas are sweeeeet..

i see no problem driiving in the left lane as long as you are going faster then those in the right lane. people who flash high beams at me when im ALREADY doing over the speed limit piss me off, and i refuse to move for them. i swear to god, i was driving through PA once, easily doing 85, speed limit, 65. and poeple are flying up on me, flashing lights etc. im not movie for someone being a dick like that. if you feel the need to do 100+ YOU can pass on the right, not like its illegal....

people normally do well over 90 on the PA interstates...
they flash their lights so they don't have to reset the cruise control...

gsr, are you doing this while there are no cars in the right? if so, move over...

Seany-izzle said:
gsr, are you doing this while there are no cars in the right? if so, move over...

werd.

the left lane is for PASSING.

if there is no one on the right of you that you are passing, you should have ALREADY moved over before i came up on you.

I wish german autobahn laws were in effect here.

millions of idiots would be killed or ticketed the first year,
the 2nd year, the roads would be great :)

Back